Real Estate Agents | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Real Estate Agents

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Property Deed Search

Is there a "national" database online or do you have to look for it by State/County?

Aloft02

Rinkside
Start at the county level where deeds are recorded. There is usually a computer database of some sort, although some counties don't have them yet - but you can visit the county recorder's office and speak to the clerk.

Your Realtor can get the last recorded deed on a property through her title company connections. When clients are interested in making an offer I always get this as well as plat maps, septic 'as builts', and CCR's through a simple call. (Your Realtor's connections can be very valuable to you.)

manleywoman

Rinkside
I got my real estate licence last August (Illinois). I can't wait to start, as I think I'd be really good at it. I love looking at properties, finding and handling my own clients, and I don't like the typical desk job. I'm excited!

I can't start though until my husband's job situation gets more stable, because I've heard repeatedly that you can't expect to make money as a new agent for at least the first 6 months (unless you're lucky, but I'm not in a financial situation to count on luck!). Do you agents out there think I could start at a brokerage firm doing something...training, anything...part time on nights and weekends until I can jump in full-time?

Aloft02

Rinkside
Good for you, manleywoman!

I think it's entirely possible that you can explain your situation to a broker and place your license where you can be learning like you describe! There's so much to learn every single day of this career and it's never the same day twice.... Don't be shy - promote your services to family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.

I got my very first listing as a new agent over several seasoned veterans because the client asked why I considered myself better able to handle the sale of his home than my competition. I laughed and said "Because I'm a new agent, not only is all my training fresh - but you'll have 100% of my time and talent - I don't have any other houses to market yet!!" I sold that house and soon got two of his neighbors to list through me.

It's a fun and rewarding job that can be a bit of a roller coaster ride in the beginning. Good luck to you!!