Realistic goals for junior/senior competition? | Golden Skate

Realistic goals for junior/senior competition?

Ktriplelutz

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hi! I’m twelve and I’ve been skating for about a year (minus three months for Covid) i am currently competing in Pre-Preliminary with axel combos. I have a solid double sal, and I’m working on toe loop, loop, and flip. I got an axel with less than a month of working on it, and I got GOEs of 3.7 and 4.3. I landed a double sal the first time I tried it. It is of course my goal to make it big, but that is of course a long shot. However, I think I have been improving fast, and my coach thinks that I can have a double axel in max. 6 months. Is it realistic to aim for senior/junior competition?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I’m twelve and I’ve been skating for about a year (minus three months for Covid) i am currently competing in Pre-Preliminary with axel combos. I have a solid double sal, and I’m working on toe loop, loop, and flip. I got an axel with less than a month of working on it, and I got GOEs of 3.7 and 4.3. I landed a double sal the first time I tried it. It is of course my goal to make it big, but that is of course a long shot. However, I think I have been improving fast, and my coach thinks that I can have a double axel in max. 6 months. Is it realistic to aim for senior/junior competition?
You can aim for it, but don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen for you. Most skaters that make it that far and to the big stages of competitive elite start skating when they are toddlers.

If it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world, there are adult competitions and so many other opportunities to skate.
Good luck! :)

teainamug

Rinkside
Oh my word that all sounds fantastic. Really at your young age you should not be worrying about ”making it” as this is a different destination for every one which requires unique journey.
If you are enjoying the sport and work at it in a way which makes you happy then you are making it and if you win medals on the way they are just what people call the icing on the cake. What really matters is how that cake tastes.
Good luck!!!!!