riedell vegas | Golden Skate

riedell vegas

ausal

Rinkside
Because reasons, I just got Riedell Vegas after years of skating in Riedell Silver Stars. Have skated in them about 6-8 hours so far. I feel like it's much harder to get through my toepick on jumps. Not sure if that's because I still can't flex my ankle enough or because I'm just not used to the new size/shape. The boots are smaller (not a smaller size, they are actually less bulky d/t the construction) and required a shorter blade. I can tell that the smaller/narrower boot will help with manueverability and lift. But it's weird to feel like my toepick's not where I'm used to when I go into a jump. Insight/advice welcomed, I am frustrated.

B/c ppl will ask I will share that recommendation for this boot/blade was from a highly regarded skate tech. I'm pretty sure that this is a *me* problem. Basically, I want to hear that as I keep breaking in the skates it will get better.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Because reasons, I just got Riedell Vegas after years of skating in Riedell Silver Stars. Have skated in them about 6-8 hours so far. I feel like it's much harder to get through my toepick on jumps. Not sure if that's because I still can't flex my ankle enough or because I'm just not used to the new size/shape. The boots are smaller (not a smaller size, they are actually less bulky d/t the construction) and required a shorter blade. I can tell that the smaller/narrower boot will help with manueverability and lift. But it's weird to feel like my toepick's not where I'm used to when I go into a jump. Insight/advice welcomed, I am frustrated.

B/c ppl will ask I will share that recommendation for this boot/blade was from a highly regarded skate tech. I'm pretty sure that this is a *me* problem. Basically, I want to hear that as I keep breaking in the skates it will get better.
Hi and welcome!
It's a Riedell Vega. And if you truly were in a Silver Star (which is hard to understand b/c it's much higher rated in stiffness), are you sure it wasn't a Bronze Star (which is same stiffness rating as the Vega)?
Unless you were in old skool Silver Stars which was equivalent to current Bronze Stars.