Risport Antares or Graf 500 | Golden Skate

Risport Antares or Graf 500

jazzul

Spectator
Hello,
I am a beginner and started to take classes in uni this semester. I really love it and I wanted to get my first skated as I don’t want to use the rental skates anymore. My coach recommended Graf Bolero or 500. I went to the store and could try on the 500s. They also gave me the Antares from Risport and told me that it is the better boot. What do you think? I thought Antares were definitely more comfortable.

I actually wanted to get used ones as i am not sure if I will continue ice skating lessons after uni. However, I would still use them for ice skating with friends or by my own. I am also willing to spend some money for a good pair (I don’t wanna buy cheap) and would also get new ones, but don‘t want to spend something like £200. The selection was not really big in the store, but I would definitely stick with the models I tried on. :)

k8a

Rinkside
Sticking to models you have actually tried on seems like a great idea, as you never know how the other models are going to fit (the same size, even in the same brand, can feel very different on the foot).

It is difficult giving reccommendations on the types of boots without knowing your goals. I think if you're planning to take your skating further than just skating circles around the ice (like if you want to attempt doing single jumps or spins), you will quickly find that neither of these boots are stiff enough. You might want to see if you can find a skating shop with a good selection of boots, where you can get fitted professionally.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello,
I am a beginner and started to take classes in uni this semester. I really love it and I wanted to get my first skated as I don’t want to use the rental skates anymore. My coach recommended Graf Bolero or 500. I went to the store and could try on the 500s. They also gave me the Antares from Risport and told me that it is the better boot. What do you think? I thought Antares were definitely more comfortable.

I actually wanted to get used ones as i am not sure if I will continue ice skating lessons after uni. However, I would still use them for ice skating with friends or by my own. I am also willing to spend some money for a good pair (I don’t wanna buy cheap) and would also get new ones, but don‘t want to spend something like £200. The selection was not really big in the store, but I would definitely stick with the models I tried on. :)
hi there! Have you been professionally fit yet? If so, if you are on the lighter side, you could get away with Antares (if they are right for your foot shape, etc) up to singles, but if you are a larger adult, then they would not be stiff enough and you would have to go up to the Electra, which you would probably be better off with in the first place if your foot is meant for Risport.

Good luck! :)

jazzul

Spectator
Sticking to models you have actually tried on seems like a great idea, as you never know how the other models are going to fit (the same size, even in the same brand, can feel very different on the foot).

It is difficult giving reccommendations on the types of boots without knowing your goals. I think if you're planning to take your skating further than just skating circles around the ice (like if you want to attempt doing single jumps or spins), you will quickly find that neither of these boots are stiff enough. You might want to see if you can find a skating shop with a good selection of boots, where you can get fitted professionally.
I am very much a beginner and just started with the basics. I don’t think I will be doing any jumps in the next time. As I will finish uni soon I am not even sure if I will have lessons soon. (i guess I will have skating lessons for less than half a year)

Unfortunately there is no skating shop near me.

jazzul

Spectator
hi there! Have you been professionally fit yet? If so, if you are on the lighter side, you could get away with Antares (if they are right for your foot shape, etc) up to singles, but if you are a larger adult, then they would not be stiff enough and you would have to go up to the Electra, which you would probably be better off with in the first place if your foot is meant for Risport.

Good luck! :)

jazzul

Spectator
The graf 500s were fine as well, but the antares were more padded. My
I am an adult but don’t weigh a lot. Maybe around 55kg :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The graf 500s were fine as well, but the antares were more padded. My
I am an adult but don’t weigh a lot. Maybe around 55kg :)
I'd still go up a boot. Hence why I suggested the Electra, you are an adult and will need something higher than Antares if you are meant to wear a Risport.

If you let us know the area you live in, many of us can make a suggestion for a good trusted fitter, you may have to travel some though.