Sasha and Robin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha and Robin

nymkfan51

Medalist
I would say that from what we have heard and seen, Robin does enjoy being in the spotlight ... no problem with that, to each his own. To be honest, I find her amusing. Also ... she does seem to prefer devoting all her time to just one student at a time, and Sasha seems to thrive on the personalized attention ... so this seems to be a match made in heaven.

Fossi

Final Flight
I was upset about this matchup in the beginning. I missed Sarah so much. After seeing Sarah in the news lately, I realize she is happy and probably doesnt miss Robin at all. So I am moving on.

I really think this match with Sasha and Robin will be a good one. They seem to have the same personalities. I always thought Robin and Sarah kind of balanced each other out.

Sarah was so shy and awkward toward the media, and Robin was there to boost her confidence and coach her along. Maybe even speak for her when she couldn't for herself. Sarah did the skating and Robin did the PR and media piece.

Sasha and Robin are very similar and I think this will further enhance Sasha's career, and Robin's goals as well.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I agree. If sasha never wins a world title or olympic medal (both are totally within her reach) ishe will still become a media darling and continue to bring interest and new viewers to the sport. I think it is really important to the sport (especially in america) that she sticks around after michelle retires to help with that transition. I think if sasha ever medals at the olympics regardless of the color of the medal she will become as beloved as skaters like dorthy hamil and peggy flemming were. JMO though.

bronxgirl

Medalist
somehow, Sasha has always given me the impression that she would not stay on the scene to become beloved (or to help American skating). I think that if she medals at Turino, she's out of here. (JMHO)

wvgal57

On the Ice
Sasha will most likely move on if she wins Gold in Turino. I believe that many of our eligible skaters now would have already "moved on" had they had the Gold in hand. Makes you ponder if longevity in the sport revolves around getting the right color medal.

I'm totally not worried about Sasha and Robin. I think they will make a great team. Sasha likes to work one and one and Robin likes to coach one on one.

I'm sure Robin is already poring over Code of Points, getting her stratedy down and awaiting confirmation of any changes for next season. She's the ultimate strategist, even moreso than Tatiana Tarasova. I personally loved the choreography that Robin did for Sarah and I think she'll find the right recipe for Sasha.

I'm excited to see how a summer of training works for them.

LBC

On the Ice
wvgal57 said:
Sasha will most likely move on if she wins Gold in Turino. I believe that many of our eligible skaters now would have already "moved on" had they had the Gold in hand. Makes you ponder if longevity in the sport revolves around getting the right color medal.

I'm totally not worried about Sasha and Robin. I think they will make a great team. Sasha likes to work one and one and Robin likes to coach one on one.

I'm sure Robin is already poring over Code of Points, getting her stratedy down and awaiting confirmation of any changes for next season. She's the ultimate strategist, even moreso than Tatiana Tarasova. I personally loved the choreography that Robin did for Sarah and I think she'll find the right recipe for Sasha.

I'm excited to see how a summer of training works for them.

ITA about Sasha moving on and believe if she wins any medal at the olympics AND wins a National and World title she'll turn pro. She won't leave before getting that National title she's wanted for so long. She'll want that world title as well especially if she doesn't win the gold in 2006. I don't think she likes to compete like Michelle does and will be happy to turn pro and skate without all that pressure. Her "My Fair Lady " programs tells me that she is looking ahead to her future and trying to become a better show skater.

I also believe Robin and Sasha will be fine as well. Sasha learned a LOT about COP from Tarosava. I'm sure Robin will be studying up on it and doing all kinds of different calculations. Sasha has the experience with the system though. People are worried about the choreography but under COP that is one of the component scores and Robin will do whatever to get the score up as they are ultra important for Sasha.