Sasha Cohen in CSI | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen in CSI

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am compressing the captured vid of her scenes only, again, for I was just a little over the 100mb limit. ETA is the only thing I could give for there are circumstance beyond my control to allow for a specific time it will be available. 12 mst maybe - also trying to move more today.:agree:

Didn't anyone see the last scene (as I did) where the dead girl actually skates as imagined by her mother with Sasha only as a body double doing the more difficult skating? I think the plain skating was not all Sasha.

Who was the gal that got murdered and does she skate in real life? These two stories with actors who look alike are confusing.

Joe

Actually the way you describe it makes a lot more dramatic sense. But the end had all Sasha's signature moves so I don't think it was a different skater.

ETA: Rewatched. No, the woman at the end wasn't the mother of the skater - she was the mother of the OTHER dead girl. The plastic figurine in the globe was just to tie the two stories together. And it was Sasha as Krista at the end - lots of face shots as well as the sig moves. Thanks, Seanibu!

Last edited:

Bridget

Rinkside
I love all the CSIs, and I haven't seen this one yet...we TIVO them and watch them all on a weekend. However, I do hope the Sasha episode is NOT one of the more gross ones. CSI: NY is really bad about gore, heaps of blood, close-ups of disgusting things. They even had the character "Montana" "eat" a deep-fried tarantula one time! At least Sasha didn't have to eat any spiders.

Seriously, I do look forward to seeing it, though not a huge Sasha fan.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, did you post it on youtube?? If you did, thanks. If you didn't I have a question.

Dee

MKFSfan

Medalist
ETA: Rewatched. No, the woman at the end wasn't the mother of the skater - she was the mother of the OTHER dead girl. The plastic figurine in the globe was just to tie the two stories together. And it was Sasha as Krista at the end - lots of face shots as well as the sig moves. Thanks, Seanibu!

That's what I was going to say. At the beginning, the killer of Allison, the deaf girl, knocked over a snowglobe. Then, at the end, after "Krista" skates (a tribute? regionals competion?), she strikes a pose which then sort of blends to another scene in which Allison's mother and daughter are seen looking at a snowglobe, and was placed where the original snowglobe had been. I think it was a coincidence, one scene blending to another, to bring both storylines to a conclusion.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I am compressing the captured vid of her scenes only, again, for I was just a little over the 100mb limit. ETA is the only thing I could give for there are circumstance beyond my control to allow for a specific time it will be available. 12 mst maybe - also trying to move more today.:agree:

I managed to download two parts (I and III) of it from SF (in HDTV). Hopefully there's a second part. Sean, how long was her entire segment?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I managed to download two parts (I and III) of it from SF (in HDTV). Hopefully there's a second part. Sean, how long was her entire segment?

There is a total of around 4 1/2 minutes of her in scenes. What is SF? - Save file? How do you find particular clips there. Haven't done much with that. I had 4 clips. You could match up what you have to what I put on YT and see what you might be missing.

I thought the snowglobe connection was well thought, enjoyed that.:agree:

Still surprised it wasn't MathMan:laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I meant Sashafans. I still lurk around there, believe it or not because they put up some good videos and find decent pictures from time to time.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
If anyone wants the file I have direct I can send it, but will not do wav. Divx and mov. If you want a file, but it sounds like RD has some way of getting some good quality of a site, so .....
Anyhoo, PM if you want it, but I am house moving so there might be a delay of time before I can get to you.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I meant Sashafans. I still lurk around there, believe it or not because they put up some good videos and find decent pictures from time to time.

OH, thanks. Do they have some secret password of what outfit when like MKF. I still don't know for sure that one either - 98 worlds or Nagano with lavender??? Doesn't matter, I am loyal to GS.;) They probably don't want me anyway. Can't blame them.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Yah,:laugh: Math what is your view from the office????

Hey, I have never used one of those "lace pullers" and never had one in my hands, are they really sharp enough to puncture someone's stomach to kill them ESPECIALLY that quickly?????

Who was the gal that got murdered and does she skate in real life? These two stories with actors who look alike are confusing.
Joe
Joe is right that the murdered skater also skates in the show. I have no idea who she is. Did anyone see the credits?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, Sean, I'm missing the part in the middle (where they are watching her skate). I have the beginning (the hockey/body/conversation scene) and the end (the skating scene). I'll wait- maybe the poster will post part two- but if not I'll be knocking on your door :yes: .

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Joe is right that the murdered skater also skates in the show. I have no idea who she is. Did anyone see the credits?
Here you go - giving credit where it is due, Thanks MKFSfan!
I just realized that Sasha's website listed Marlee Matlin as playing Mackenzie. She had her own storyline and nothing to do with the skating one. I guess they don't know who this actress is!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The part where Sasha saw the dead body wasn't good at all. The part where she was talking about a skater's life was OK because she could relate to that. However, her facial expressions weren't 'real' even in that section. She seemed a trifle wooden.

I'd say Sasha is quite a bit better than Tara as an actress, but Sasha still has a long, long way to go (because Tara was abominable).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
The part where Sasha saw the dead body wasn't good at all.

I agree, wasn't "good" - but I don't think it would classify as bad JMO. I thought, why is she not screaming or just flipping out. Seem to take the death of her best friend rather lightly. But I think that was a "directors decision. I would be interested to know if that was because she didn't scream or "freak" very well on screen???