Sasha Cohen on Gay Rights in Russia and the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen on Gay Rights in Russia and the Olympics

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Ahem, my entire statement was that in most (as in more than 100) countries, gay people can wave pride flags, kiss their partner in public, or hold hands, without their government fining them or jailing them for doing so.

I have searched, and I haven't found any evidence that the vast majority of Americans think there is gay propaganda that will turn their kids gay. In fact, I've found stats which suggest the opposite: here's a poll from July that says the majority of Americans support same-sex marriage. http://www.gallup.com/poll/163730/back-law-legalize-gay-marriage-states.aspx The only groups of people who are more opposed than support it are those over 55 years old, living in the South, Protestants, Conservatives, and weekly church goers (surprise, surprise).

If you want other stats:
The percentage of Americans who agree that same-sex couples can be as good parents as heterosexual couples: 64%
The percentage of Americans who think same-sex couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples: 66%
The percentage of Americans who think homosexuals should be accepted by society: 57%
http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm
http://www.people-press.org/2013/03...iage-changed-minds-and-changing-demographics/

So why the heck you would assert that the majority Americans would think that there's gay propaganda to turn their children gay, when the majority of Americans support same-sex marriage rights, and when the majority think gays should be accepted by society?! :laugh:

First, your info has truly proved for what I've said that US has becoming unbelievably liberal. More than 100 countries, that's just not true!

Second, you have an unbelievable ability to twist other people's posts in order to fit your purposes. Please go back to read my original post again for which you have started to question. Did I say anything about US?! Why do you bring US polls?:confused: I've said, "Sorry to say that the fact is that, many people, obviously the majority of the Russian people and the majority of the people in most countries around the world, think that gay propaganda will effect children's behaviors.":rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have found them, videos and articles. Stop pressing me and challenging me.:mad: If you really want to know, go searching yourself!!!!!:sarcasm:

Every debate class I took taught that if you're going to provide an argument with "facts" you need to produce them.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The second rule in debate class is that when you're unable to provide sources, after asserting that something is a fact, your argument is probably fallacious in the first place. ;)

"Sorry to say that the fact is that, many people, obviously the majority of the Russian people and the majority of the people in most countries around the world, think that gay propaganda will effect children's behaviours.":rolleye:

So where are your sources to back up this so-called fact of yours? You haven't even provided a poll or survey of Russian people that says they think gay propaganda will affect children. Obviously there are stats that Russia is anti-gay, but that is different from asking them if they think gay propaganda will make their children gay. Until you produce a legitimate source - and I'm talking a poll - then your "fact" is just an opinion... and an unsubstantiated opinion at that.

No, but I thought by signing agreement to host Olympics, the country has promised to follow the Olympic Charter - I've learned it this time.:biggrin: The Olympic Charter said that no political demonstrations in and outside of the Olympic sites. Well, IOC did not pick that on US though.

There are rules (in particular, city ordinances) about how far back from the venue the protestors must set up shop. But the Olympic Charter and agreements between the IOC and the hosting Olympic committee (the USOC, for instance), do not trump the first Amendment rights of American peacefully to assemble.

Not Obama and all his drones... (well, OK, maybe the drones). ;)

P.S. By the way, this thread is about what Sasha Cohen thinks about all this. I believe that Sasha recently changed her major at Columbia to political science. Maybe she will sign up for Golden State and contribute to this thread. :yes: :love:

Then again, maybe she is already here, posting incognito. ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
P.S. By the way, this thread is about what Sasha Cohen thinks about all this. I believe that Sasha recently changed her major at Columbia to political science. Maybe she will sign up for Golden State and contribute to this thread. :yes: :love:

Second to Dick Button's random words of wisdom, I would love to see Sasha on this forum. :laugh:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Every debate class I took taught that if you're going to provide an argument with "facts" you need to produce them.

The second rule in debate class is that when you're unable to provide sources, after asserting that something is a fact, your argument is probably fallacious in the first place. ;)

Do you really want me to bring what I've found? OK:

WARNING: You don't have to read them. I was trembling while I was reading them.

AFTAH Press Conference at HRC against ‘Gay Pride’: Linda Harvey on Gay Youth Propaganda and Diane Gramley on Gay Health Risks

http://www.massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html

http://www.drtraycehansen.com/Pages/writings_prohomo.html

Studies thus far find between 8% and 21% of homosexually parented children ultimately identify as non-heterosexual. For comparison purposes, approximately 2% of the general population are non-heterosexual. Therefore, if these percentages continue to hold true, children of homosexuals have a 4 to 10 times greater likelihood of developing a non-heterosexual preference than other children.

Some researchers who uncovered sexual preference differences between homosexually and heterosexually parented children, nonetheless declared in their research summaries that no differences were found. Many believe they concealed their findings so as not to harm their own pro-homosexual, sociopolitical agendas.

All social scientists who conduct research in this emotionally-charged area have personal biases. That's a given. But if the authors of these studies want to be regarded as scientists, and not activists, they must set aside their biases and straightforwardly present their findings.

Regardless, no one should be surprised that homosexual parents are more likely to raise homosexual children. As one of the few forthright pro-homosexual advocates proclaimed, "Of course our children are going to be different."

Findings from the best and most recent twin studies have found that homosexuality, unlike eye color, is not genetically-caused. But there are a number of non-genetic mechanisms through which homosexuality could be transmitted from one generation to the next. Those mechanisms include role-modeling, social learning and differential reinforcement, as well as outright encouragement of non-heterosexuality by parents or others.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Sodomy/glsen_fistsex.htm

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.5757/pub_detail.asp

Dr. Hansen reports that LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) curriculums cause confusion and interfere with normal gender identity development. She advocates general programs that teach tolerance for all those who are different, rather than programs geared specifically toward different sexual orientations.

According to a study in Pediatrics[xv], the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, nearly 26 percent of 12-year-olds are uncertain about their sexual orientation. By the time these youngsters reached 18, only 5 percent were uncertain and only 4.5 percent expressed attraction to the same sex.

There are more...but...

Now there's a thought!

Interesting that she and Michelle both ended up in political science-related fields of study.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

These sources are religiously-motivated, anti-gay funded sources -- I mean, American Family Association, "Jesus-is-savior.com"? :laugh: You can't actually expect us to take these as serious, reputable sources offering legitimate information.

"According to a study in Pediatrics[xv], the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, nearly 26 percent of 12-year-olds are uncertain about their sexual orientation. By the time these youngsters reached 18, only 5 percent were uncertain and only 4.5 percent expressed attraction to the same sex."

At 12 years old, they are kids... if you're going to ask a 12-year old what their sexual orientation is, you will get several who aren't willing to say "Oh, I'm straight for sure" or "Oh, I'm gay for sure". Not to mention of the 74% who were certain of their sexual orientation, some will be straight and some will be gay. The only thing that study proves is that it takes years for kids to determine something as complex as their sexuality -- it isn't some checkbox answer, and certainly not something a 12-year old would fully be able to ascertain. 1 in 20 at the age of 18 are STILL uncertain about their sexuality. Also, 4.5 percent expressed attraction to the same sex, which is way more than the 1-3 percent you were saying before.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Studies thus far find between 8% and 21% of homosexually parented children ultimately identify as non-heterosexual. For comparison purposes, approximately 2% of the general population are non-heterosexual. Therefore, if these percentages continue to hold true, children of homosexuals have a 4 to 10 times greater likelihood of developing a non-heterosexual preference than other children... Regardless, no one should be surprised that homosexual parents are more likely to raise homosexual children.

LOL, then how do you explain all the LGBT people that been born from heterosexual parents, even before all this so called gay propaganda came about?! :laugh: You do realise that before there was all this hoopla about a so-called gay agenda, LGBT people existed, right? In Russia too... just ask Tchaikovsky -- he was gay in an age long before rainbow flags, gay rallies, and public hand holding could be an "unwanted influence" on him. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Now that would be exciting!