Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
:laugh: Don't worry Psychological Thrillers are not our things. The Omen, Poltergeist or even The Sixth Sense are more likely.

Well there's always Halloween, Friday the 13th and/or anything else by Wes Craven. Re: psychological thrillers, that's probably just as well. OTOH, what do you suppose a Thai version of Ghostbusters would look like? :biggrin:

lbc2138

On the Ice
Shutter - Thai Version. There was an American remake but it's not nearly as scary.

Killer Toon - Korean Movie. A lot of ups and downs, unpredictable mystery with a hint of blood and gore.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I forgot to mention this before. I read the book Jaws, and it freaked me out so much that I have never seen the movie. I'm such a wimp, I guess. Not into blood & gore, etc.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I forgot to mention this before. I read the book Jaws, and it freaked me out so much that I have never seen the movie. I'm such a wimp, I guess. Not into blood & gore, etc.

Having both read the book & seen the movie, IMO the book is scarier b/c there's no limit to the horrors your imagination can conjure up. It's true that on the screen the blood & guts are right in your face but the mind can do things to scare the bejesus out of you (as in The Telltale Heart).

At one point I was reading Jaws while eating lunch. Bad idea -- it seemed like every time I took a bite of my sandwich, the dang shark was taking a bite out of someone's arm or leg. :laugh:

Does anyone know if Jaws has ever been released in 3D or IMAX? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Johar

Medalist
Saw Jaws as a kid and it didn't scare me.:slink:

I did get terrified of the giant, mutated bear in Prophecy (1979) because it really looked like a monster and not a bear. Still can't watch that movie. Even as a 45-year-old.

The rogue wave in The Poseidon Adventure really scared me as a kid, for some reason. Watching it tower up through bicnoculars.....it might as well have been 1,000 feet high and not the 90 feet stated in the movie.

BusyMom

Medalist
Does anyone know if Jaws has ever been released in 3D or IMAX? :eek: :eek: :eek:
The 3rd installment was a 3D called Jaws3D. :rolleye: Very bad one and since it was in the 80s the 3D tech was laughable.

Let's Scare Jessica To Death.

I remember as a kid seeing this pale redhead ghost woman slowly come to the surface of a lake and slowly walk towards shore.
I went to look for it after your suggestion. Surprisingly I think the storyline is genius. Too bad they didn't make a movie like that anymore. There are some jump-at-u scenes here and there but not too much. But the title...:confused: Why did they come up with something more...attractive?

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
The 3rd installment was a 3D called Jaws3D. :rolleye: Very bad one and since it was in the 80s the 3D tech was laughable.
It's probably just as well. The thought of that shark coming at me in 3D -- well, chances are I would have died right on the spot! :slink:

You know those staple-remover gadgets that look kind of like claws (or fangs) w/ a hinge? For years I've referred to mine as "Jaws." :biggrin:

BusyMom

Medalist
You know those staple-remover gadgets that look kind of like claws (or fangs) w/ a hinge? For years I've referred to mine as "Jaws." :biggrin:
:laugh: It makes sense though. I got an intern who claimed hers as Edward because its fangs. She even taped RobPat's head on top of it. That was weird.

humbaba

Final Flight
The Audition is a really scary and disturbing movie. You couldn't pay me to watch that again. Two very scary vampire movies are The Addiction and 30 days of Night. The first actually makes you think. The second is a super- scary over the top horror movie and not for the faint of heart.