SEEKING NOMINATIONS FOR SEASON'S LEAD PIPE AWARD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

SEEKING NOMINATIONS FOR SEASON'S LEAD PIPE AWARD

S

Spirit889

Re: Lead Pipe Award for 2003

1. Speedy, beyond all doubt. He <em>lied</em> to the ISU Congress about something being a rule as opposed to a project!!! I no longer have any doubt whatsoever that this man is crooked and in tight with the Russian mafia.

2. Anonymous judging.

3. Takeshi Honda's costume, the one that looked like it lost a fight with a roll of toilet paper.

4. I forget their names, but it was the dance team this year who wore the gray/silver techno-computer costumes, the ones that made them look like they were rejects from <em>Tron</em>.

5. Champions on Ice, for canceling a bunch of their cities. Guess what, COI -- I saw Stars on Ice, but I didn't get to see you.

D

Dee4707

Here are my nominations:

1. Speedy - Just because
2. Michael Collins - Messing with COI schedule
3. Michael Weiss - Need I say more

Dee

P

Ptichka

1. Secret judging (no explanation needed).
2. Ann Patrice (or her team) for not getting her Russian visa and thus not getting into Grand Prix Final!!!
3. Weisssssssssssssssss.

S

southwestwind

I don't know if there is a "Regional" category, but I nominate Marie France Dubree and Patrice Lauzon for publically bitching after Nationals that Shae-Lynn and Victor were still on the Canadian scene and hoping that they (B/K) would really retire this year so that the National Title would be up for grabs. Also, they (D/L) figured the reason they had not progressed was becuase international judges would never put two Canadian teams in the top five.

D

DORISPULASKI

If that's what Dubreiul and Lauzon said, they do deserve a bonehead award. Geez. Both Belbin and Agosto and Lang and Tchernyshev passed them by this year.

Not to mention, that just having seen them at World's, frankly I liked Wing and Lowe a lot better.

dpp

P

peachstatesk8er

Re

Sk8, this is a great idea you had! :)

BTW, this is very OT, but I saw Jonathan Shuerholz (sp), son of John, at a Rome Braves game on Saturday night and he looked pretty good. And to all Braves fans, there's a guy that was drafted just last year right out of Parkview High School (which about 10 minutes down the road from me)that looks like he'll be moving up the ranks quickly: Jeff Francoeur. :) 19, very hunky, and a good player to boot!

P

peachstatesk8er

Re: Re

Sorry, there's no edit here I guess. Francoeur played last season with Danville, and is in Rome this year. :) Sk8, you need to take a look at this guy. Now that Glavine is gone, I need a new hunky Brave, lol.

S

SammieJ

Peach-

Edit is the check mark beside the date of your post, reply is the half circle arrow.

Sorry, on with the awards :smokin:

A

AY2006

Michael Weiss.

Yoshie Onda.

How you shouldn't talking about winning before... ;)