3A great feet in the air
3F+3T nice
FSSp3 very slow
CiSt a little simple, but nice expression
3Lz ok
CCoSp4 perfectly timed to music
SlSt nice, quick feet
CSSp3, didn't hold either side for the 8 revolutions for L4
Gloves make a "mask" at the end (ala Del/S FD a few years ago)

kate

On the Ice
Abbott 86.40
Lysacek 83.59
Pennington 76.17
Mroz 74.88
Bradley 74.05
Oi 72.76
Weir 70.76
Carriere 69.36
Phan 69.11
Rogers 64.13
Wong 63.40
Rippon 62.22
Brewster 60.23
Steenberg 59.77
LaRoche 58.01
Razzano 57.00
Cassar 55.72
Halverson 51.09

casken

On the Ice
He's out of the final group. There's only 5 skaters this time.

Does that change with the withdrawal of Smith since that brings the field to 18?

Wouldn't they do three groups of six now?

Oh well it doesn't matter now, Weir is in seventh!

gold12345

Medalist
Wow this is all just really surprising. Weir is just falling further and further in the standings. Luckily, point wise, he's still close to 3rd.

On another note, the Broadmoor skaters continue to kick butt. :)

cocovica

On the Ice
WHAAAAAT? I have never think in my worst nightmares, that johnny could be on 7th place after short! what the hell!!! this is so dissapointing! I need to see the protocols, It couldn't be one damn axel!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
try seventh

Indeed. And twelth in tech. JW has gotten worse over the last two years despite the bronze from last year. Who knows why but this might be a wake up call for him. I'm a fan and I'm sad for him but hey, it's a sport.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
OMG. The men's event at Nationals never lets us down for drama. Johnny had really no shot of winning here, he would be really luck to medal. He is 16 points out of 1st, and about 6 points from bronze. Another thing to chew on is that he will probably be named to the world team no matter where he places as long as he is well enough to go. Like Kimmie last year. His bronze at worlds last year certainly dosen't hurt that cause. I am guessing Evan isn't worrying about Johnny too much this year. Looks like my prediction of Abbott winning the thing will come true!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
G'night all. Fun sharing this with all of you as always but time to get my ugly sleep.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Another thing to chew on is that he will probably be named to the world team no matter where he places as long as he is well enough to go. Like Kimmie last year. His bronze at worlds last year certainly dosen't hurt that cause. I am guessing Evan isn't worrying about Johnny too much this year. Looks like my prediction of Abbott winning the thing will come true!

I think this year is a different circumstance than last year ladies. Last year ladies, three of the top 4 were underage and couldn't go. There was a HUGE concern about the US being able to get enough spots for the next years worlds. So they sent Meissner because people didn't think Hacker can compete.

This year with Evan and Jeremy, I don't think the USFSA is that worried about spots for the Olympics. Jeremy and Evan are both more than likely going to get the 13 points needed for three spots.

So then the question becomes if some other skater beats Weir, why shouldn't that young skater get the spot, they well earned?

waxel

Final Flight
As others have said- there must have been deductions for Johnny far beyond the popped axel. Just makes me wonder how camera placement effects what is called. Would love to see the protocals.

Not sure how it'll wind up. There was a lot of good skating- but I'd still send Johnny to Worlds. For instance, Ryan is entertaining (personally I think he's a hambone- but still like him) but he is inconsistent (15th at Worlds '07). Jeremy, Evan and Johnny seems like a safe trio. If Johnny pulls up a few spots (and he will)--- they should send him.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johnny's TES is so low, I wonder if along with the 1Axel, did he get an edge call on the 3flip again? That would be a loss of 10 points and makes the most sense having not seen the footage.

JW has gotten worse over the last two years despite the bronze from last year.
Harsh but perhaps true. He's doing what he thinks he must to win, and results have been good, but he doesn't seem free to be himself and that can't be good. Oh, I hope he recovers from this bad outing and fights back in the FP!

Oreo

On the Ice
I stand corrected. They're doing three groups of six. Here's the skate order:

Championship Men
Free Skating
Starting Order
Start
# Name
Warmup Group
1 Nicholas LaRoche, All Year FSC
2 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC
3 William Brewster, Detroit SC
4 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona
5 Tommy Steenberg, SC of Northern Virginia
6 Eliot Halverson, Ann Arbor FSC
Warmup Group
7 Jason Wong, SC of Boston
8 Adam Rippon, SC of New York
9 Shaun Rogers, University of Delaware FSC
10 Johnny Weir, SC of New York
11 Stephen Carriere, SC of Boston
12 Dennis Phan, All Year FSC
Warmup Group
13 Curran Oi, SC of Boston
14 Brandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC
15 Ryan Bradley, Broadmoor SC
16 Evan Lysacek, DuPage FSC
17 Parker Pennington, Winterhurst FSC
18 Jeremy Abbott, Broadmoor SC

caseyl23

Rinkside
Not sure how it'll wind up. There was a lot of good skating- but I'd still send Johnny to Worlds. For instance, Ryan is entertaining (personally I think he's a hambone- but still like him) but he is inconsistent (15th at Worlds '07). Jeremy, Evan and Johnny seems like a safe trio. If Johnny pulls up a few spots (and he will)--- they should send him.

If Johnny pulls up to third or higher (He's not likely to finish higher than third, I know.), then the USFSA should send him to worlds. Otherwise, no. I enjoy Johnny's skating very much, but why should the USFSA go against the results? So far as we know, Johnny is not injured, and as someone else in this thread noted, Jeremy and Evan, should they finish in the top three, are certainly capable of getting a combined 13 points. Like I said, I like Johnny, but I don't think he should be given precedent over someone else should he finish outside the top three.

annlfs

Rinkside
oh johnny 7th place :no:,
when was the last time he popped an axel, i can't even remeber it; so long time ago i think.
knowing him he's gotta feel incredably mad at himself right now, he can do axels in his sleep there so easy for him.
well he's just gonna have to brush himself off, and fight like i know he can in the fs, i hope he makes it in to 3rd place or higher; he's gotta be at worlds!!!