Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

LRK

Record Breaker
Pity neither Mishin nor Stephane will be there, or Plush could have asked them for help.

This reminds me of last year when Sergei was coachless at Ondrej Nepela, and didn't like to ask any of the Russian coaches present so asked Sasha Smirnov instead.

Maybe Johnny could keep an eye on her in between commentating?

I hope this doesn't rattle Sima, it must feel rather nerve-wracking...

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm not sure.
Last year, Liza Nugumanova was an alternate to the JGPF and ended up going after Polina withdrew, but she was not allowed to compete at Russian Nationals. I fear it might be a similar case.
But I'd LOVE to see Sima at nationals!

Actually, didn't Mishin withdraw her from senior Nationals? There were lots of rumours afloat at the time, that I vaguely recall.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir is not a coach. The other Russian coaches will surely help if needed; I don't know why Mishin or Lambiel would necessarily be better since they don't even know her. I just think she might feel funny about approaching Rukavicin since she just left so recently, but I don't think he would have a problem with it.

adelia

Record Breaker
Actually, didn't Mishin withdraw her from senior Nationals? There were lots of rumours afloat at the time, that I vaguely recall.
You recall correctly.

Sima will get a place at Senior Nationals. Stavitskaya also received a spot when she replaced Adelina at CoR.

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm not sure.
Last year, Liza Nugumanova was an alternate to the JGPF and ended up going after Polina withdrew, but she was not allowed to compete at Russian Nationals. I fear it might be a similar case.
But I'd LOVE to see Sima at nationals!
That’s different. Liza was not allowed to the nationals not because she didn’t qualify, but because someone (her coach?) decided that she won’t go. I don’t remember much details any more, but wasn’t it because of her behaviour? I know there were some issues, but it wasn’t that she didn’t qualify.

ETA: just saw LEK and Adelia recalling the same.

hanca

Record Breaker
I know the same... but wait... there will be her former coach with Leonova... Maybe he can look after her

Yes, I am sure he will be so keen to help her. After he gave an interview that he found out about her switching only from the press.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, I am sure he will be so keen to help her. After he gave an interview that he found out about her switching only from the press.

Well, I'm sure that wasn't nice, but Artur Gachinski did the same thing to Mishin and they work together now. I think most coaches (not named Eteri) understand that these young skaters are still very immature and don't always do the right thing when it's so much easier to just walk away. Rukavicin is a very nice man from all that I've seen.

Anyway, it will all work out alright, I'm sure. Nobody expects Sima to podium here, she just needs to enjoy herself & do what she can.

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, I'm sure that wasn't nice, but Artur Gachinski did the same thing to Mishin and they work together now. I think most coaches (not named Eteri) understand that these young skaters are still very immature and don't always do the right thing when it's so much easier to just walk away. Rukavicin is a very nice man from all that I've seen.

Anyway, it will all work out alright, I'm sure. Nobody expects Sima to podium here, she just needs to enjoy herself & do what she can.
I am not criticising her for it. I think it is possible things just happened, e.g. just asking Pluschenko whether she can skate in his show and him talking to her about continuing... she may not have planned to change coach, she did say that she wanted to stop competing and then suddenly there was the opportunity...

But at the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rukavitsin was not that keen helping her at this moment. He did his best with her and it does hurt when someone leaves without even saying anything.

I think Eteri is not the only one. Do you remember what Zhulin did to Ilynikh/Katsalapov after they left him? Even three years later he still repeatedly mentioned it during his interviews. Sadly, not everyone is like Mishin.

LRK

Record Breaker

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The other coaches don't have a visa, so Sima has to travel by herself. I wonder if Eteri can help her out a bit since they did not part on bad terms like so many of her other skaters. It's not as if Sima is going to be a threat to Polina.

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20171120/1128928331.html

Neither former coaching teams (Dudakov or Molotov) are helping her. Understandable as they have their own skaters to focus on. Zhovnirski (one of Stolbova/Klimov coaches) is helping her.

LRK

Record Breaker
Neither former coaching teams (Dudakov or Molotov) are helping her. Understandable as they have their own skaters to focus on. Zhovnirski (one of Stolbova/Klimov coaches) is helping her.

Thank you! Good to hear that there is someone there looking after her.

LRK

Record Breaker
Woah!

:jaw:

(Tries hard to squish squeeing hopeful Plushy uber mode off... And I don't even care if that sentence made no logical or grammatical sense at all!)

NNHH

Rinkside
I hardly believe it He can't do that because of his shows

24.11. Banska Bystrica

25. 11. Zilina

26. 11. Trencine..

Probably the tickets are sold. They can't delete the shows!

Well, I had tickets for tomorrow´s show in Žilina and today I recieved an email that the shows were cancelled due to "technical reasons" and they will be rescheduled to February. But then I saw on twitter and here that he is travelling to Skate America. Which got me really angry, because the show was not cheap and there was also people coming from different countries just for the shows....

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, I had tickets for tomorrow´s show in Žilina and today I recieved an email that the shows were cancelled due to "technical reasons" and they will be rescheduled to February. But then I saw on twitter and here that he is travelling to Skate America. Which got me really angry, because the show was not cheap and there was also people coming from different countries just for the shows....

Yes. I also would be angry! Probably they will refund the ticket price....Or don't? But he will lost fans, I'm sure.

LRK

Record Breaker

That's very understandable, of course - it's very short notice and I can understand that you'd feel disappointed and angry. I do hope they are offering refunds as well; they have in the past whenever a show has been cancelled or postponed.