Serena Williams and her Figure Skating Dress for U.S. Open | Golden Skate

Serena Williams and her Figure Skating Dress for U.S. Open

yesterday

Record Breaker
Not sure where to put this exactely, but it's maybe not close enough to FS to qualify for The Edge.

Well, as she currently plays her first round match and showed off her dress for the first time, I thought I'd mention it.
The black dress with long sleeves and sparkles is said to be inspired by figure skating dresses.

I wonder where the idea came from, never heard that Serena had a connection to figure skating and I've been following international tennis for quite a while. Anyone from the US or a tennis fan here who know more about that?

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Not sure where to put this exactely, but it's maybe not close enough to FS to qualify for The Edge.

Well, as she currently plays her first round match and showed off her dress for the first time, I thought I'd mention it.
The black dress with long sleeves and sparkles is said to be inspired by figure skating dresses.

I wonder where the idea came from, never heard that Serena had a connection to figure skating and I've been following international tennis for quite a while. Anyone from the US or a tennis fan here who know more about that?

[QUOTE="yesterday, post: 3000702, ...liams-wear-diamond-encrusted-nike-fit[/QUOTE]
Oh I can imagine her liking figure skating all the sparkles . Perhaps she's always been a fan or possibly her daughter might be into it! We may find out more from post match press conference is my guess!!

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
I found out from googling it,that Serena loved watching the women's figure skating at the 2018 Olympics. She apparently suggested on her twitter that she would like to see someone skate to Frozen soundtrack "let it go". So does appear she is figure skating fan. All I have found out.

VickB

On the Ice
She is fighting her tears and standing up like warrior ...

She looks a Goddess..

Everyone is so proud of you and all you done for women's sport..

Warwick360

Medalist
I remember Serena being quite capable being at an ice rink when she was doing twizzles. It's probably somewhere in youtube.

For me at US Open, she brings a lot of mixed feelings. Undisputed champion, and amazing to watch her. But at US Open, far too many controversies sadly, against her AND by her.