Shoma Uno | Page 1134 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

rabidline

Final Flight
I’m with him on not liking wasabi. In case anyone didn’t catch it he says “I don’t like wasabi” in English with food in his mouth. At first I didn’t know what he said until someone else pointed it out online.
He said it very cutely 🤭

A great advice from Stephane to Shoma for Worlds, and for us all really for life: "Bad Days, Good Days, Trust Yourself."

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Shoma says "ilia's skating is attractive for his jumps and his dynamism but my skating has its own charm too!" Yes Shoma. You are so unique, and we appreciate you for your uniqueness and your brilliance. Ganbatte. We are with you all the way!!!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's here!!!!!!!!!

Adding --Just heard from a source in Japan that he is not here yet! Ooh, not good! Flight delayed?

Ugh, I hope he's not stuck in the Toronto Airport, that was a really annoying airport to navigate on the return flight from Skate Canada 2022!

Edit: At least this confirms to me that he’s not on the direct Tokyo-Montreal flight scheduled to land a couple of hours before the evening practice on Monday!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you cannot be mistaken about this : bilingual signs :) Bonjour ! Hi ! Bienvenue à Montréal ! Welcome to Montreal ! (and the big Québec sign... just relieved he is not going through Toronto. (or he is no longer there) .. we don't like that airport)
:)

rabidline

Final Flight
The video from the SP runthrough in the first practice:

Shoma had a couple of falls in the evening practice including on his 4T, but he got 3 combos in his FS runthrough.
A possible layout for his FS will be 4Lo 4F 4T3T 3Aeu3F 4T 3A2A 3S.

I reccommend following Dornrschen8 on X / Twitter, she's been posting photos and videos of the practices!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I was sitting there in the second row, and all of a sudden a Prince was skating towards me. It's almost impossible to get photos with my cruddy camera, so I tried a video clip instead. This guy is a work horse. That FS of his is awesome! I can see he is laser focused and ready. Loving seeing the awesome.4T-3T, 3 jump.sequence, and 3A-2A.

Interesting that at a certain point the 4F wasn't behaving. The Dream Team called him over to the boards and showed him the video Demi-san was taking. Ghislain said one thing to him, said something about his leg position. Then he went and immediately jumped a perfect 4F. It was pretty amazing.

He is total magic. He fills the ice with his presence, his charisma. He is the total package. I know we're not supposed to call him cute, but I'm sorry. He is super kakkoii.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not quite sure what they were all laughing at, but something was funny. I love their vibe at practices. They're focused and businesslike but also lighthearted. I watched 4 practice groups of the men, and I really enjoyed the group with Kao, Yuma, and Sho.
20240318_193652.jpg