Shoma Uno | Page 1146 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

rabidline

Final Flight
Shoma's representative agency contract with Universal Sports Marketing (USM, also representing Shizuka Arakawa, Daisuke Takahashi, Kana Muramoto) has ended on April 30, 2024. It has been a 10-year contract since he first signed in 2015.

From May 1, Shoma will be represented by Heroes Management Co., Ltd., the representative agency of Shuzo Matsuoka (former tennis player and now sports broadcaster including figure skating), Mao Asada, Mai Asada and Marin Honda.

Just a few minutes after the announcement was found, Demi-san tweeted this, so I guess a hint of Shoma's team going forward...?

Suddenly, Shoma skating "See You Again" this week has a different meaning 🥹

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolute Skating has a LONG article about the upcoming show in Shompery in August. There was a small section about who will be skating what. I look forward to hearing who will do the collaborations too.

Here's the small part about Shoma:
The work on the show started over a year ago, with ideas for the group numbers being tried out during the summer camp in 2023. "Each piece will have its own story, but the main theme will be magic, with a little boy discovering magic through different personalities," Stéphane revealed in our interview last autumn. With the setlist published on the official site of the festival, the main intrigue remains who will perform to each of the musical pieces. One could guess that Stéphane and Koshiro will reprise their programs to Mahler and "Danse Macabre" accordingly. As "Bipolar Mermaid" is part of Beatrice Berrut's "Untold Tales" series, presented as "tales that tell the stories of women, far away from the clichés Western traditional tales like to put them," one might expect it to be portrayed by Satoko or Marin. And, based on various recent interviews and TV reports, we know that Deniss will have a program to "The Firebird," while Shoma's program will have something to do with "Harry Potter," either as a solo number or as a collaboration. Speaking of collaborations, we've been promised some pretty exciting ones, to be announced soon.
There was also this intriguing tidbit from the website: "We are in negotiations to stream and/or broadcast in Japan and in other parts of the world - not live but about a week later for logistical reasons. RTS will also be broadcasting at the end of the year. That being said, I don't need to explain how much better it is to experience skating live, so I would absolutely advise anyone who is able to travel to Champéry to go for it."

Broadcasting in Japan and other parts of the world?!? I'm glad Stéphane is trying to make this as accessible as possible! 😁

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shoma's representative agency contract with Universal Sports Marketing (USM, also representing Shizuka Arakawa, Daisuke Takahashi, Kana Muramoto) has ended on April 30, 2024. It has been a 10-year contract since he first signed in 2015.

From May 1, Shoma will be represented by Heroes Management Co., Ltd., the representative agency of Shuzo Matsuoka (former tennis player and now sports broadcaster including figure skating), Mao Asada, Mai Asada and Marin Honda.

Just a few minutes after the announcement was found, Demi-san tweeted this, so I guess a hint of Shoma's team going forward...?

Suddenly, Shoma skating "See You Again" this week has a different meaning 🥹

lalalallalalallaala :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a beautiful compilation. I can name almost all of these moments! What an amazing journey! Shoma was blessed with the most incredible team, and I know I have called them The Dream Team many times. That name still stands!

Figskater23

Final Flight
What a beautiful compilation. I can name almost all of these moments! What an amazing journey! Shoma was blessed with the most incredible team, and I know I have called them The Dream Team many times. That name still stands!

I don’t get it. Is Shoma parting ways with his personal trainer and manager/translator?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t get it. Is Shoma parting ways with his personal trainer and manager/translator?
I believe he's only parting ways with his manager, as he's moving to a new management agency. Regular posters, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Of course, it's still a little surprising to me, but it makes sense for Shoma to join Marin's agency; it would probably be easier to manage their financial assets and for them to do shows together. I'm hoping this is a good change for both of them!

Well, I was hoping for a big change, and this is a big change, isn't it? 😅

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
Of course, it's still a little surprising to me, but it makes sense for Shoma to join Marin's agency; it would probably be easier to manage their financial assets and for them to do shows together. I'm hoping this is a good change for both of them!

Well, I was hoping for a big change, and this is a big change, isn't it? 😅
I also think being under the same agency make for easier coordination between the two of them professionally. I can't help but sense the seriousness of their personal relationship yet also the awareness that they are still doing public facing jobs as skaters... this feels like an united front instead of "his agency said this and her agency said that" .

Figskater23

Final Flight
I also think being under the same agency make for easier coordination between the two of them professionally. I can't help but sense the seriousness of their personal relationship yet also the awareness that they are still doing public facing jobs as skaters... this feels like an united front instead of "his agency said this and her agency said that" .
Shoma and Marin are made for each other. 😊 I have a strong feeling they will spend the rest of their lives together. Their love story is beautiful. 💖

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another photo showing more of the blue shirt he eventually used for LoL. It was a beautiful shirt, although the purple one was too. The purple had SO much detail on it -- tucks all up and down the sleeves and front, beading. Very cool. And then there were -- um, those purple pants.

ShoLoL.jpg

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no. It skipped the part with the G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S 3A that he lands right on the beat of the music. So beautiful and then the difficult move of having to go right into the cantilever when his speed was waning. Amazing program :dbana:. Many thanks to Coach Fluffy for always knowing how to bring the best out in Sho with her amazing choreography. ?:console: