Shun Sato | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Shun Sato

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shun Sato for his Silver medal in this highly competitive field!
Here's his Short Program, in two parts:

Here's his Free Skating:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I checked another skater who got higher Components, well, this skater had a very well choreographed program but his skate was very far in quality from Shun Sato's, who only had one "saved" jump with an edge call in a splendid program and got severely punished.

16Olympics

On the Ice
I must say, I was quite surprised by how well he skates to tango. I don't think a very young man could skate to tango better. And among skaters, it's a bit of a warhorse but rarely danced creditably, he really is an exception.
I hope that all will go well for him!
Agree. He really hits all the marks in the music in this program. We'll know soon how the men withstand the pressure of the free.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I must say, I was quite surprised by how well he skates to tango. I don't think a very young man could skate to tango better. And among skaters, it's a bit of a warhorse but rarely danced creditably, he really is an exception.
I hope that all will go well for him!

He said he studied other skaters' tango performances, primarily Dai's and – watching "side-by-side" with Dai's "Invierno Porteño/Primavera Porteña" – it shows , particularly in his hand movements and overall sharpness.

I think Shun has improved a lot over the last season, not only in the performance aspect, but also in skating skills. Working with Guillaume has also had a positive impact on him. Previously I hadn't been entirely convinced by Guillaume's choreographies, but he gave Shun a well choreographed, quite detailed FS, giving him ample opportunity to pay attention to the music and work on his expression, extension and posture.

I'm very impressed with Shun's progress and enjoyed him a lot at SkAm. Congrats on his well earned bronze medal! :clap:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oh yes, very well earned! I don't know if, with the hands on the 4Lz and the "saved" 4T, he could have really won this trophy with fair scores, but he was still so underscored when others were so much more overscored... How can I be surprised, after what we've seen since 2016-2017 at least?
Congratulations to him!

Biibi

Rinkside
Country
Finland
I really am falling in love with Shun’s skating more and more. I’m feeling so privileged that I get to see him live soon for the third time! I would like to show my support for him in the audience.
Does anyone know if there’s any merchandise about him? Towels maybe or some flags? I tried to google but since I don’t know Japanese it’s impossible to find anything.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Congratulations for this Silver! Although the terrible underscoring he suffered at Skate America makes it rather unlikely for him to reach GPF this season.