Sinead Kerr gets married | Golden Skate

Sinead Kerr gets married

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another day, another weding. This time it is Irish-Scottish Ice Dancer Sinead Kerr and Canadian Ice Hockey player Grant Marshall.

It was held at Dalhousie Castle, just outside the Scottish capital, Edinburgh.

Rapunzel or Juliet?
Close up of previous photo.
Lovely stained glass windows... above a Fire Exit! (with John Kerr at the edge of the photo)
John Kerr and former American Pairs Skater David Aretz
Sinead with her Dad
Sinead with her Dad (taken at same time as the previous photo, but from further away. Look at that staircase!)
Alastair walking Sinead down the stairs (Look at the chandalier!)
Alastair walking Sinead down the stairs
Proud father walking his little girl down the aisle
Lovely photo of the happy couple
The best wedding photo ever!
The look of success - Sinead and her new husband Grant
The happy couple showing off Sinead's ring
Sinead and Grant after signing the register. He looks like he is starting to realise what he's just done! :laugh:
The first dance
The cake (or should that be plural?)
Cutting the cake (what a setting!)
The bride on the throne with her husband
The bride on the throne with her parents
Sinead wearing her Mum's hat!

(You can tell I like the venue, can't you?)

Incidentally, Sinead's brother and dance partner, John, got married just over 2 years ago to Pakistani-American Ice Dancer Nadine Ahmed. Here is the thread for their wedding.

And here is a lovely photo of Sinead and Nadine from this latest wedding!

All the best to Sinead and Grant for their future happiness!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
Congratulations and best wishes to the newlyweds! :clapper:

The location is indeed stunning! Her dress shows her silouette to advantage, and her parents' outfits look fantastic too. (Incidentally, I like her photo in her mother's hat the most.)

I don't follow hockey, but he looks like a very nice guy. Wishing them every happiness! :party:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congratulation to newlyweds! :hap10: I'm in love with the kilts :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Sinead & Grant! She looks fantastic in her dress, and I :love: seeing the men in kilts! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I wasn't going to post this photo since (apart from Sinead, John and their other halfs) I don't know who most of them are and didn't want to invade their privacy. But since there is so much love for the kilts (and the privacy setting for the photo is set to public anyway), I will:

The Wedding Party

Interesting how they are all wearing kilts of different tartans.

It is also interesting to note that John is wearing a different tartan to what he wore at his own wedding (See this photo). John wore the Royal Stewart tartan at his own wedding, but the tartan he is wearing at Sinead's has the same colours as the Clan Kerr tartan that his Dad wore (it's a different design, though).

By the way, four lovely black and white photos have been posted this morning. Most of them are similar to colour ones that I have already linked to. But this one is different:

The kiss

Just stunning! :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sinead and her husband Grant!

I love her elegant wedding dress and the ceremony combined with tradition. John looks fabulous in the traditional costume. :)

CaroLiza_fan, you've done another wonderful job regarding skaters' wedding news after Zhang Dan's wedding several days agao. Thanks for compiling of the photos and articles.

liv

Record Breaker
Congratulations to both.... another Battle of the Blades relationship!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Aww, what a beautiful wedding and bride! Such a lovely dress and location. May they have a long and happy future together.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Congratulations!

Sinead has a beautiful wedding dress! And I'm dying for the kilts!!!!:cool:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congratulations for Sinead and her husband! :) She does look even more beautiful as years come passing by.

Lovely dress and location, she surely felt like a princess out there. That dress makes me think about neoclassicism fashion (late XVIII century - early XIX).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sinead and her new hubby! She looks beautiful and the setting is just like a fairy tale!

Thanks for sharing all of the gorgeous wedding photos!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, clearly whatever people are responsible for casting that show, could have a viable alternative career in matchmaking... They've already built up quite a nice resumé.:)

Maybe they're a bit too good at matchmaking. Some of the matchees were married to other people at the time they met on the show.

Still, three marriages in 4 seasons is remarkable. Dancing with the Stars has only had one marriage between a contestant and their pro partner in 22 seasons.

LRK

Record Breaker
Maybe they're a bit too good at matchmaking. Some of the matchees were married to other people at the time they met on the show.

Still, three marriages in 4 seasons is remarkable. Dancing with the Stars has only had one marriage between a contestant and their pro partner in 22 seasons.

Oh, dear...

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank so much to CaroLiza_fan for sharing these wonderful photos with us! :)

She looks beautiful and the setting is just like a fairy tale!

:agree: That's exactly I've thought! What a perfect veue to have such a sweeeeet wedding, what a simlpe but very sophisticated and lovely dress, and Seneard is the most beautiful bride! :luv17::luv17: Reminds me of the dreamy wedding in the fairly tales, say, Disney's Cinderella, that I read as a little girl!