Skate America Entries | Golden Skate

Skate America Entries

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111482.htm

Men: Nathan Chen, Adam Rippon, Sergei Voronov, Maxim Kovtun, Alexander Petrov, Jorik Hendrickx, Daniel Samohin, Kevin Reynolds, Boyang Jin, Jun Hwan Cha, Takahito Mura + TBD USA.

Ladies: Ashley Wagner, Karen Chen, Alena Leonova, Anna Pogorilaya, Polina Tsurskaya, Gabby Daleman, Nicole Rajicova, Satoko Miyahara, Kaori Sakamoto, Dabin Choi, Xiangning Li +TBD USA.

Pairs: Scimeca-Knierem/Knierem, Denney/Frazier, Duhamel/Radford, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Savchenko/Massot, Yu/Zhang, Zabiiako/Enbert + TBD USA.

Dance: Shibutani/Shibutani, Hawayek/Baker, Gilles/Poirier, Cappellini/Lanotte, Muramoto/Reed, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Zagorksi/Guerrero, Tobias/Tkachenko, Wang/Li and + TBD USA.

Thoughts on the line-up? I'll be in Lake Placid and think there are some good match-ups in all disciplines except Ice Dance. Hoping that the TBDs will be fiiled by the Parsons siblings, Joshua Farris or Tim Dolensky, Angela Wang or Polina Edmunds, and Cain/Leduc or Castelli/Tran.

Last edited by a moderator:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thoughts on the line-up? I'll be in Lake Placid and think there are some good match-ups in all disciplines except Ice Dance. Hoping that the TBDs will be fiiled by the Parsons siblings, Joshua Farris or Tim Dolensky, Angela Wang or Polina Edmunds, and Cain/Leduc or Castelli/Tran.

I'm counting on Hawayek/Baker to give Cappellini/Lanotte a run for their money for silver! So that's an exciting Ice Dance match-up, to me.

I hope to see either Kayne/O'Shea or Cain/LeDuc get the pairs TBD. If Tarah/Danny, it would give them a 2nd GP and clear US #2 or #3 in int'l judges eyes; if Ashley/Tim, a great step up in those same eyes.

:luv17:Ashley and Karen! :luv17:Adam and Nathan! And Sergei, Jorik, Gabby, and oh heaven! :luv17:Haven/Brandon, Alexa/Chris, Aliona/Bruno. So much to love.:love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Some said the overall lineups are disappointing, but I've felt on the contrary especially for the ladies and pairs because a lot of star in the entries. :) I really hope that Tsurskaya and Miyahara come back strong to the field after what they have come through. I also hope that Ashley bring her fierce competitive fire back!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The lineups are good, definitely much better than last year. (That is, as long as none of the top skaters WD, and some of the TBD spots go to competitive skaters.)

Unfortunately, there's a chance I may miss attending SkAm this year since it's happening over Thanksgiving. I'll have to see how things look as it gets closer.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The lineups are good, definitely much better than last year. (That is, as long as none of the top skaters WD, and some of the TBD spots go to competitive skaters.)

Unfortunately, there's a chance I may miss attending SkAm this year since it's happening over Thanksgiving. I'll have to see how things look as it gets closer.

We often get all our kids home for the Thanksgiving week-end. Otherwise, I'd be in Lake Placid in a New York Minute.

Do you know why USFS chose to move SA to Thanksgiving week-end? It seems like a very stupid move, to me. I'm sure we're not the only two individuals who want to attend, but may not get to because of the holiday.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I won't be attending - jealous of all who will be there, give my love to the skaters! - but I consider the line-up interesting and evenly strong. For each discipline there are multiple contenders to the podium and some of crowds favourites and what makes it exciting for me that the majority of skaters/teams in all disciplines represent a high standard, being able to skate lights out of their material and medal. Gotta love strong, even competitions.

Lucky those who will see Aliona/Bruno in action, Shibutanis, Piper and Paul, Hawayek/Baker, Gabrielle, Adam to name only a few:)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm counting on Hawayek/Baker to give Cappellini/Lanotte a run for their money for silver! So that's an exciting Ice Dance match-up, to me.

I hope to see either Kayne/O'Shea or Cain/LeDuc get the pairs TBD. If Tarah/Danny, it would give them a 2nd GP and clear US #2 or #3 in int'l judges eyes; if Ashley/Tim, a great step up in those same eyes.

:luv17:Ashley and Karen! :luv17:Adam and Nathan! And Sergei, Jorik, Gabby, and oh heaven! :luv17:Haven/Brandon, Alexa/Chris, Aliona/Bruno. So much to love.:love:

So do you see Gilles/Poirier 4th then? I mean, it certainly could happen but that's not what I'd predict, especially since G/P did beat C/L once last season (though on home ice) and C/L beat H/B by ~18 points (SC) and ~11 points (NHK). G/P have medalled at both their GPs for the past three seasons. Anyways, I think that since silver would mean beating both C/L and G/P it's kind of unlikely, but bronze could happen.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So do you see Gilles/Poirier 4th then? I mean, it certainly could happen but that's not what I'd predict, especially since G/P did beat C/L once last season (though on home ice) and C/L beat H/B by ~18 points (SC) and ~11 points (NHK). G/P have medalled at both their GPs for the past three seasons. Anyways, I think that since silver would mean beating both C/L and G/P it's kind of unlikely, but bronze could happen.

Actually, I'd love to see both Gilles/Poirier and Hawayek/Baker give C/L a run for their money. I think it's time.

ssffww

On the Ice
Ordered my ticket today. So looking forward to seeing some of my favorites live (and not from the nosebleed section like at Worlds 2016).

andromache

Record Breaker
Had to cancel my hotel reservations today. Saving for a wedding > figure skating. :(

Maybe I'll get to go to Montreal in 2020....

yuzushenko

On the Ice
does anyone know where the old thread for skate america went? i wanted to sell my two tickets (one is row C and one is row D, they are both seated in front of each other so if youre going with someone this is still a good setup!)

i just realized there is no way i could afford it since ill be in school until wednesday and only get thursday and friday off... :( and the planet tickets from socal to new york ->amtrak-> lake placid are incredibly expensive..

please if you want to buy tickets, let me know !!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
does anyone know where the old thread for skate america went? i wanted to sell my two tickets (one is row C and one is row D, they are both seated in front of each other so if youre going with someone this is still a good setup!)

i just realized there is no way i could afford it since ill be in school until wednesday and only get thursday and friday off... :( and the planet tickets from socal to new york ->amtrak-> lake placid are incredibly expensive..

please if you want to buy tickets, let me know !!

There is a FOR SALE section on Goldenskate forum. You can just make a new thread and post it there.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
I won't be there, but am looking forward to watching the competition!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I really wish I could go to this event but it literally on the opposite side of the Country......

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really wish I could go to this event but it literally on the opposite side of the Country......

Just like San Jose is on the opposite side of the country for those of us in Northeast Pennsylvania;)

I thought hard about this, but the only skater who could get me to drive in Thanksgiving traffic to upstate NY on Thanksgiving weekend is Jason, so they made it easy for me by not selecting him. :laugh:

However, everyone I like will be, God willing, at Nats, so you are very lucky.....:biggrin: