Skate Canada: Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada: Predictions Game Round 2

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If my math is correct, I've got 65 points for pairs and 55 for dance, so hope that garners me a medal somewhere! Sadly, I got 30 points for the Men and Ladies was 40.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Dance scores are done! :cheer: Unlike most of the other disciplines here, it went really well for most people.

Gold: naz, Sugarpova, psusanne, Marius, el henry, noctiluca, karne, Icebethy, and Sam-Skwantch, with 75 points! :hap93:
Silver: DiamondDust, with 70 points! :yahoo:
Bronze: Marin, voolfee, invisiblespiral, nox1, surimi, Nathan13, Daniel1998, LA143, s_parks, sunnystars, jeff goldblum, FTnoona, theskatingbutterfly, mirai4life, Greta, ines42575, jenaj, ssffww, Seren, pherx4, sunn1ly, silverfoxes, sweetsugar1613, andromache, alebi, itofan, sarahjoanne, Florencito, berry8, LadyB, nikki51, semosk8fan, Arriba627, Hyena, Plonuu, ptskate, nipman, Skategmt, Xorasy, nieves, and Puchi, with 65 points! :party2:

If anyone thinks I scored you wrong, PM me and I'll fix it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Making up for my poor singles performances with a gold here :dance3:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, Piper and Paul, for your disco routine and my faith in it making the podium:dance3:

Considering men, that I actually supposedly care about, was a *total* disaster! Grant:cry:

andromache

Record Breaker
Pairs Results!!!

One gold medalist with a perfect score of 75 - Marius! :yahoo:

Four silver medalists with scores of 65 - apgold, Alisa, and ladykk! :agree:

Finally, two bronze medalists with scores of 60 - icekiwi and skylark! :)

Most common scores were of 55 and 45. I think this discipline was the least disastrous, though the most popular-but-wrong prediction was overestimating K/S and underestimating Y/Z.

Scores will be added to the Google spreadsheet tomorrow! PM me if I make any mistakes.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Pairs Results!!!

Most common scores were of 55 and 45. I think this discipline was the least disastrous, though the most popular-but-wrong prediction was overestimating K/S and underestimating Y/Z.

Scores will be added to the Google spreadsheet tomorrow! PM me if I make any mistakes.

Yess gold in pairs and dance :D
I am very very happy with this results! These two perfect scores are reaaaally good considering that I have done only 20 points in the men ahahah :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Dance scores are done! :cheer: Unlike most of the other disciplines here, it went really well for most people.

Gold: naz, Sugarpova, psusanne, Marius, el henry, noctiluca, karne, Icebethy, and Sam-Skwantch, with 75 points! :hap93:
Silver: DiamondDust, with 70 points! :yahoo:
Bronze: Marin, voolfee, invisiblespiral, nox1, surimi, Nathan13, Daniel1998, LA143, s_parks, sunnystars, jeff goldblum, FTnoona, theskatingbutterfly, mirai4life, Greta, ines42575, jenaj, ssffww, Seren, pherx4, sunn1ly, silverfoxes, sweetsugar1613, andromache, alebi, itofan, sarahjoanne, Florencito, berry8, LadyB, nikki51, semosk8fan, Arriba627, Hyena, Plonuu, ptskate, nipman, Skategmt, Xorasy, nieves, and Puchi, with 65 points! :party2:

My first medal of the season: bronze in ice dance, yippieh!!!! :yes2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ice Dance – this is the hardest to predict, for me singles are always the worst of all, but seriously –
this Ice Dance event could evolve in either way...Regardless I hope for a fierce competition:

1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
2. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
3. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
4. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
5. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
6. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
7. Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM

I don't know where to ask, so apologies if I'm asking about it in the wrong thread/in a wrong way - could someone tell me if there is still 5 pts for 2 placements off (like above for Cappellini/Lanotte and Chock/Bates)? If the scoring rule is still on, my score should be 70 pts, big thanks for answering :thank:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I don't know where to ask, so apologies if I'm asking about it in the wrong thread/in a wrong way - could someone tell me if there is still 5 pts for 2 placements off (like above for Cappellini/Lanotte and Chock/Bates)? If the scoring rule is still on, my score should be 70 pts, big thanks for answering :thank:

Yes, 2 placements off is 5 points! Your score is 55 not 70, because you have earned 15 points for 1st place, 3rd place and 5th place ans 5 points for both 2nd and 4th place, for a total of 55 points :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes, 2 placements off is 5 points! Your score is 55 not 70, because you have earned 15 points for 1st place, 3rd place and 5th place ans 5 points for both 2nd and 4th place, for a total of 55 points :)

oh, forgot that only 5 places are counting, what a moron-style of me...

anyway - :thank:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs Results!!!

Yes, another medal in pairs! Pairs is my least favorite discipline and yet I managed again to get the predictions pretty close. BTW, who is the fourth silver medalist?

naz

On the Ice

My first gold ever!! So so happy that it's for my favorite discipline as well :love:

Alex D

Record Breaker
It always amazes me, how bad I am in this game and how others tend to always nail perfect scores. :) Looks like I will be fighting for the last spot once more this season :laugh:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs Results!!!

Yippee!! :dance::hap57:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, Piper and Paul, for your disco routine and my faith in it making the podium:dance3:

Considering men, that I actually supposedly care about, was a *total* disaster! Grant:cry:

Congrats on your dance prediction. :) I hadn't seen Piper & Paul's FD till this week-end, who knows if it would've changed my predictions, though I'm completely certain it would've! :rofl: At any rate, it's now one of my absolute favorite dances.:dance3:

It would be interesting to analyze whether people win more prediction medals for the events they actually care about, or more for the ones they're so-so ... or, you might say, we look at more objectively.

I feel the same about Grant, but I was really happy he rallied and brought himself up a couple of places with the long.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs Results!!!

thanks, andromache, for your little summary. This makes it more fun, IMO. :)

Weathergal

Medalist
It always amazes me, how bad I am in this game and how others tend to always nail perfect scores. :) Looks like I will be fighting for the last spot once more this season :laugh:

You may have to fight with me for last spot! :console:

It is so hard sometimes not to pick with my heart instead of my head.

My German is very rusty, but I think I remember how to wish good luck for Rostelecom: Viel Gluck (sorry don't know how to make an umlaut over the u here). Maybe at least one of us can win our way out of the bottom! :)