Skate Niagara ice show | Golden Skate

Skate Niagara ice show

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
http://skateniagaraiceshow.com

The Skate Niagara Ice Show is happening tonight in St. Catharines Ontario, Canada!

Skate Niagara takes over Meridian Centre Jan. 30
By Scott Rosts
ST. CATHARINES — Olympic and world champion skaters Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will join a cast of world-class figure skaters at Meridian Centre next week.
The inaugural Skate Niagara Ice Show will feature an ensemble of Olympic and world champion skating icons on Friday, Jan. 30, at 7:30 p.m. Virtue and Moir will be joined by four-time world champion Kurt Browning, two-time Olympic gold medalist Ekaterina Gordeeva, St. Catharines native and Olympic silver medalist Kirsten Moore-Towers, six-time world synchronized medalists from Burlington NEXXICE and other internationally acclaimed skaters from across the globe.
“This will truly be a world-class skating show featuring past, present and future stars at the fantastic new Meridian Centre in St. Catharines,” said executive producer Nick Ricci.
Last month producers announced the addition of reigning world ice dance silver medalists Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje. Over the last eight years the Canadian ice dance competitors have won eight medals on the Grand Prix series and qualified for the Grand Prix Final three times. They are six-time Canadian medalists and the 2010 Four Continents Champions.
Sixteen-year-old Nam Nguyen, the reigning World Junior Champion, has also been added to the event. Nam started skating at the age of five and his rise to prominence is unprecedented, leading to him being proclaimed as the “next one” in Canadian figure skating. He became the youngest Canadian skater to win the Canadian National Juvenile title at the age of eight, the Pre-Novice title at nine, the Novice title at 10, and the Junior title at 12 years of age in 2011. In 2014 he won both the short and free programs to become the World Junior Champion. This season he has already earned bronze at Skate America and a silver at Skate Canada Autumn Classic, where he landed his first quad in competition.
For more information and ticket sales for Skate Niagara you can visit www.ticketmaster.ca and the Meridian Centre Box Office. Complete information on the show is available at http://skateniagaraiceshow.com.
- See more at: http://m.niagarathisweek.com/sports...-meridian-centre-jan-30/#sthash.dr2Gviab.dpuf

Should be a good show. Sandra bezic did the choreography. :)

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Too bad I have school. Sounds like a great cast!

Damn. As a homegrown native of St Kitts, why did I have to move to the prairies where skating events never come?? I hope it was a good show. I went to an event years ago that had a young Virtue & Moir along with Elvis Stojko and Shae-Lyn Bourne. The Meridian Centre didn't exist at the time so we were all squished in the arena where the Falcons played with no assigned seating.