Skater ID needed | Golden Skate

Skater ID needed

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
At the beginning of this vid, there is a dark haired skater (I think) waiving the US Flag .....anyone recognize him?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
At the beginning of this vid, there is a dark haired skater (I think) waiving the US Flag .....anyone recognize him?
Eliot Halverson.

ETA: The men's team that year was Carriere, Halverson, and Mroz, and they all finished top 10. Carriere took Gold, Mroz 4th and Halverson 10th.

Last edited:

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Eliot Halverson.

ETA: The men's team that year was Carriere, Halverson, and Mroz, and they all finished top 10. Carriere took Gold, Mroz 4th and Halverson 10th.
Thanks for the reminder Ic3Rabbit. Is Carriere sitting next to him in the stocking cap? And do you recognize the blond lady? I remember Carriere and Patrick Chan doing side by side jumps in one of the practices—probably for the gala.

And thanks for the link Chris. My wife and I were there for our first attendance at an international Junior event. Watching all the ladies was wonderful. There were something like 56 ladies from 42 countries entered in the short program. The ladies SP started something like 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning and ran until 4:00 pm or later before they got all the programs done. Mirai had never been to any internationals before and skated in one of the first groups while Caroline Zhang and Ashley Wagner skated in one of the last groups (probably the final group since, I believe, they had both won two JGPs that year). We were in the stands for all the ladies SPs and it was a very long but enjoyable day.