Skaters and Plastic Surgery | Golden Skate

Skaters and Plastic Surgery

RiceSkate

Rinkside
As seeing the sport is about beauty and athleticism I was wondering if there were any skaters who admitted to having any plastic surgery? I know Tessa got a nose job (looks great by the way) any other skaters? Could be after they competed or during their competition years.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
There was speculation in 2008/2009 that Sasha Cohen got a boob job. Of course after her attempted comeback in 2010, it was clear to see she hadn't. When she wasn't training hard and restricting her diet, she gained weight and (luckily) some of it went to her chest. When she started training again she lost a lot of her weight and her boobs went with it.

No worries, she's got them back now. :biggrin:

desertskates

Medalist
There was speculation in 2008/2009 that Sasha Cohen got a boob job. Of course after her attempted comeback in 2010, it was clear to see she hadn't. When she wasn't training hard and restricting her diet, she gained weight and (luckily) some of it went to her chest. When she started training again she lost a lot of her weight and her boobs went with it.

I had assumed at the time that it was just standard issue weight gain. On a side note, why one earth people post selfies in bathing suits, even with a great body, I will never know. :confused:

RiceSkate

Rinkside

Lol she certainly filled out since 2010. Peggy Flemming looks like she got some work on her face too.

cinnamon

On the Ice
There was a rumor that YuNa had one on her eyes. It is quite popular in Korea, I've read.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Tara Lipinski
Sasha Cohen
Peggy Flemming
Tatiana Navka

no need for surgeries :disapp:
nothing better than a natural, girl next door fresh beauty look like Gracie Gold

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you see how much weight Sasha lost in 2010, she really looked like a lollipop head. Now that she's a college student and not training every day, she looks like a normal weight young woman. Glad she doesn't seem to have an eating disorder.

s_parks

Record Breaker
There was a rumor that YuNa had one on her eyes. It is quite popular in Korea, I've read.

I noticed her eyes looked slightly different than in the past, but her creases don't look deep enough to have had surgery. She had crease indents before and may have naturally developed deeper creases. Her eyes would be much bigger if she had. The same thing happened to my mother; she had almost no double lid on one eye, and then got a noticeable crease. This is only my thoughts, of course, I don't know for sure if she has or hasn't.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... nothing better than a natural, girl next door fresh beauty look like Gracie Gold

Since when is Gracie Gold a "natural" and "fresh" beauty? :rofl:
As is true of many young women, her hair color comes from a bottle, and she often wears a ton of make-up [ETA: even off the ice].
Whether she is a beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "natural" and "fresh" she is not.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Since when is Gracie Gold is a "natural" and "fresh" beauty? :rofl:
As is true of many young women, her hair color comes from a bottle, and she often wears a ton of make-up. Whether she is a beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But "natural" and "fresh" she is not.

Gracie's blonde hair suits her, radiant smile and perfect body for a figure skater
what more can you ask for ?

jealousy is rotten in skin deep

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gracie's blonde hair suits her, radiant smile and perfect body for a figure skater

she does have that all american out of the bottle beauty look. We could ask for a genuine good heart and world peace :)

Barb

Record Breaker
I think Mao should to get a boob job :yes:, I think she is absolutly BEAUTIFUL but is evident she has a little of trauma because she is plain, otherwise I dont understand her costumes, or may be someone choosing her costumes is who has the problem.

Thank goodness Meryl Davis doesn't seem to have had any plastic surgery. I find her angular, aquiline profile quite beautiful, and a lot of it is due to her individuality. Tessa is also gorgeous. Nose job or no, most of her beauty seems natural-born. Between the two of them, these ladies cover a wide spectrum of what makes a woman lovely. One thing I find fascinating when comparing these two is that in almost every photo, Tessa looks a bit different. She's like a chameleon. Meryl, on the other hand, looks the same in every photo, from every angle. Another way in which beauty shows itself to have a wide range of ways in which it shows up.

If I were a dollmaker, I'd sculpt dolls of Tessa, Meryl, YuNa, and Mao Asada. What an ornamental quartet that would be.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I could ask for you to stop making me laugh so hard. :rofl:
No offense to Gold, but I have absolutely no desire for myself or anyone dear to me to look the least bit like her.
And surely you were not suggesting that I am jealous of you. :eek:

desertskates

Medalist
I could ask for you to stop making me laugh so hard. :rofl:
No offense to Gold, but I have absolutely no desire for myself or anyone dear to me to look the least bit like her.
And surely you were not suggesting that I am jealous of you. :eek:

Heap me in the not jealous pile, too. Her shade of blonde is way too cool for her skin. She is a supremely talented skater and I wish them all the best of luck, but none of them have a natural look.
And now I will think of rainbows and unicorns and teddy bears :D

Antilopa

On the Ice
I think Mao should to get a boob job :yes:, I think she is absolutly BEAUTIFUL but is evident she has a little of trauma because she is plain, otherwise I dont understand her costumes, or may be someone choosing her costumes is who has the problem.
nice boobs - bad jumps :(

gimble

On the Ice

I personally think Asada is very cute (as in baby-cute perhaps). Skaters' preference for their costumes and decorations on them ... is probably just that, preference, not a desire to compensate for their perceived lack of something.

No doctor should touch her. She is in proportion and is beautiful.

Her costumes are not always to my taste, but that's another issue altogether.

Ven

Match Penalty
Gracie looks better off the ice in normal makeup and attire. When she's on the ice she looks kind of scary to be honest.