Skaters doing their own choreography | Golden Skate

Skaters doing their own choreography

mpal2

Final Flight
Part of the best thing of seeing Nationals live is getting to see some of the people not shown on TV. I must say that there are 3 that I would love to see become professional choreographers and in any given order listed. All are equally my favorites as far as program concepts.

Rohene Ward
Mat Lind
Derrick Delmore

I spent most of Nationals trying to get pictures and I had a front row seat diagnal from the kiss and cry. I have gotten a much better concept of a skater using the entire ice surface, choreography, etc because of my photo attempts. Some skaters seemed to only jump when they were down at my end of the rink, while others only seemed to spin or do moves in the field. Many played only to the judges and gave the rest of us several views of their backsides.

These three men did a little bit of everything at all ends and middle of the rink and they were listed as their own choreographers. They all had beautiful lines and positions in their skating. They also had a great sense of music. I know that Derrick Delmore was extremely talented at the piano and it shows. It makes me wish they they had a singles dance where these skaters could do everything but jump. :love: I don't want to see anyone else skate with them, I just want to see them out there with some great jumpless programs.

How much input do you have to have in a program to be listed as a choreographer? In some cases, other people were listed so it's hard to tell how much they did of their own programs. I would imagine if they are all serious about pursuing choreography they see Nationals as a portfolio of their talents and hope to get future business when they are done competing.