So is Mao competing here? | Golden Skate

So is Mao competing here?

CDMM1991

Medalist
She must be. Is there any reason for anyone else to show up? Yu-Na Kim has been skating great, but she doesn't seem like she is in any position to challenge the new GPF champion.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Why would Mao skate Jr Worlds in 2006, when she has fully switched to the Senior ranks? May I add -- in spectacular fashion, winning the G-P Finals, whipping all reigning Worlds podium medalists???!!! Leave the junior ranks for the junior-level skaters. Yu-Na Kim seems to be the best among them, this season.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Frau, Mao hasn't truly fully moved into the senior ranks in that she is unable to compete at Senior Worlds, so why wouldn't she compete at junior worlds?

yummyNoodles

Rinkside
I wonder, if Kimmie places off the podium at nationals and thus does not make the olympic/world team, would USFS send her to this again? It would be her third in a row, but it's shaping up to be a great competition and it would be interesting to see how she stacks up against skaters like Yu-Na this season.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Hey everybody,
I'm kind of new here and this is the firs time I post something, So first- hello everybody...
I am a skater and also a big fan of figure skating.
I am from Serbia, where skating is not too popular, So I am skating as a figure and in synchro team,too. But I like figure better. Anyway, I am a veeerrryyyy big fan of figure skating, espetialy of FS Europeans and Worlds. Belive me, I know so much about it (try me ;) )...
About Mao, I tryed to check it on www.juniorworlds.com but there is no list of entried competitiors. But, if she can't compete on Senior, why would she miss the chance to be Junior Champion? Don't forget that there is no big events like Grand Prix left in this season, sooo.....::yes:
What do you all think about other skaters? My coach saw girl from Georgia on the Junior Grand Prix and she says that she is really good. What surprises me, is that she actually will compete in Olympics. She is '90! Well done! I also don't think that she will go to Worlds (Senior) because I've seen entries for Europeans and She's not there. So, maybe she has chance :)

laars

Spectator
Mao is definitely competing in Jr worlds.
She has been named for the Japanese team along with Sawada and Takeda.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Thanks for the confirmation laars. Is there a point for anyone else to go? Mao has this one in the bag.

peachy

Rinkside
i thought that once you had won junior worlds you couldnt skate there again... but im wondering if maybe since she isnt old enough to skate at senior worlds theres a rule that lets her skate there again... does anyone what the rules are about this?