So is Uncle Dick really in Torino? | Golden Skate

So is Uncle Dick really in Torino?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
During yesterday's TODAY Show, Scott Hamilton annnounced that he would be hosting the USA-channel's 'Olympic Ice,' along with Sale/Pelletier. So does this mean that my beloved "Uncle" Dick Button has been scrapped? Say that it ain't so!!!!!!

millie

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
During yesterday's TODAY Show, Scott Hamilton annnounced that he would be hosting the USA-channel's 'Olympic Ice,' along with Sale/Pelletier. So does this mean that my beloved "Uncle" Dick Button has been scrapped? Say that it ain't so!!!!!!

On the Today Show from Turino, Katie interviewed S&P. They will be commentating on the Pairs. I don't know if Dick was scheduled for that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I thought sure he said Dick Button, not Jamie and David... *shrugs*

we'll see tonight, but I won't be crying if Button doesn't... and that would explain why Scott is hosting... I was wondering how those two would work together ;)

I was under the impression that he would be doing a pre skating competition show like Barbara Walters does for the Oscars.

Anyone know what exactly he will be doing?

Joe

waxel

Final Flight
I think he's one of the "reporters" or "correspondants" for Olympic Ice. The NBC website still lists him as calling the pairs.

Petlover

On the Ice
I hope Dick Button is there! As an adult skater, I have learned a lot from his commentary. I don't always agree with him, but I appreciate that he calls it as he sees it.

treeskater

Rinkside
Yes, Dick is in Torin and will be doing the Olympic Ice Show in addition to pairs. The Olympic Ice is on USA Network and Dick's co-host is Mary Carillo. Some nights it will be Dick, other nights will be Scott. Don't know if it is an exact alternate situation.....but Dick was hired first for this show.

Scott's ommission of the other Olympic Ice hosts was tacky on his part.but

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's on with Sandra right now on Olympic Ice... it looks like Scott is just doing voice overs

NBC needs to get their act together and tell us just what the heck they're doing for commentary lol

and they're talking during Dance Compulsary practice... the same annoying music over and over... makes me want to see what's going on on the ice, forget pairs lol

Some viewers wrote in questions for Button to answer on the air. Someone asked whether he thought the new judging system would eliminate scandals from figure skating. Dick said, I hope not, since the scandals are the most interesting thing about the sport. :laugh: