Asada
Lipnitskaya
Wagner
Kostner
Suzuki
Gold

wootie

Match Penalty
I wouldn't be surprised if Lipnitskaya won the world title this year. I imagine she's fuming from bombing at the Olympics (individual event) and is intent on skating absolutely perfectly. The pressure will be off since she won't be skating in Russia, so I won't be surprised if she skates two clean programs.

Personally, I hope Mao will win. She is probably seriously considering retiring after worlds this year, and it would be nice if one of the greats of our generation could go out on a high note.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love your first paragraph but have to agree that Mao or Caro winning gold would be the best case(feel good) scenario.

How about

Caro
Mao
Yulia

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The perfect scenario would be Mao winning at home, Caro getting the silver and Lips getting her first world medal,
Though i realllyyy want Wagner to somehow grab this ;)

But if i had to bet i agree that Lips is not going to faulter here, And for some reason i get the feeling that even though its JPN, Her Olympic scoring will stay in tact and she will give a fight for the gold.

Still feel like Pogorilaya will miss her axle in the Short, And Nakano and Osmond won't grab theirs either, Hate Edmunds's SP So final group still :

Asada (Hoping for her first really clean Short this season with a giant score ^_^ )
Suzuki (She always competes very well at home in the WTT)
Caro (She seems pretty comfortable with Ave maria)
Lips (Back with a vengeance)
Wagner (Usually pretty bankable to score around mid 60's here)
And Gold (That's the one i'm least sure of, But hopefully she goes clean and puts down "a star is born" type score that should've happened in her Sochi Team FS)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree with you on most counts, except swap P/Z for D/R in pairs and I'm not sure about Aaron for the men. It could be Liebers instead.

donezo

On the Ice
Pairs
Stolbova/Klimov
Savchenko/Szolkowy
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
Duhamel/Radford

Men
Hanyu
Fernandez
Machida
Yan
Kovtun
Brezina (no guts, no glory!)

Ice Dance
Ilinykh/Katsalapov
Pechalat/Bourzat
Cappellini/Lanotte
Bobrova/Soloviev
Weaver/Poje

Ladies
Asada
Lipnitskaya
Kostner
Gold
Wagner
Murakami

desertskates

Medalist
Going into the long, I'll go with:

ladies-
Carolina
Mao
Yulia
Ashley
Gracie
Akiko

men-
Hanyu
Kozuka
Fernandez
Machida
Kovtun
Aaron

For the ladies, I'll guess the top 3 after the short will be the three on the podium. In any order. I also think 4-6 will be the same people, any order.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
pAIRS

Ssquared
S and K
Sui and Han
Peng and Zhang
Duhamel and Radford
MT Moscovitch
Italy

Men's

Hanyu
Fernandez
Machida
Kozuka
Abbott
Verner

Dance

P and B
I and K
C and L
W and P
B and S
C and B

Ladies

Mao
Kostner
Gold
Lipniksaya
Suzuki
Wagner

donezo

On the Ice
I would add Sui/Han to pairs.

PCS will probably be below both Canadian teams though. I could see them moving up and finishing top four after the long program. They will probably beat Peng/Zhang. Seriously, why weren't Sui/Han at the Olympics?!

s_parks

Record Breaker
PCS will probably be below both Canadian teams though. I could see them moving up and finishing top four after the long program. They will probably beat Peng/Zhang. Seriously, why weren't Sui/Han at the Olympics?!

They bombed their free at nhk and finished 3rd behind peng/zhang. shame, the russians would have LOVED the kalinka program. S/H have a higher pb than both canadians, though. TES is significantly higher, but you're right, their pcs is lower.