Sota Yamamoto | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Sota Yamamoto

KiraraChin

Medalist
Sota (alongside Kazuki) will be at the Kurashiki Figure Skating Club 15th anniversary event tomorrow (12 May) in Okayama.

Also, Sota attended Shoma's Colantotte event today, alongside Kazuki, Koshiro and Rio Nakata... All the guys have a Colantotte sponsorship, does that mean that Sota has one as well? 👀

KiraraChin

Medalist
I'm absolutely elated for Sota. Yes, he is part of the Special Group for funding, but having a sponsor on top of that must be such a relief. It's also a cool sponsor that he shares with his friends! It's perfect for him 🌟

Sota peformed 'Beat it' today at the Kurashiki event, here are some pictures of the performance + having fun with his BFF Kazuki :love2:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Cross-posting from Kazuki's fan fest:

I also saw this pic of Sota and Kazuki Kushida holding each other's banners, very cute!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thank you for keeping this thread going the last few days, @KiraraChin and @Arriba627 ! haha, Kazuki and Sota twinning in the same outfits! ^ ^
I'm thrilled for Sota's Colantotte sponsorship. Why, he looks like a model in that photo. Perhaps a clothes manufacturer notices, and starts sponsoring Sota too? That would be cool. I'm glad he has both special funding and a sponsor this year, making it easier for him to afford to go overseas to work with foreign choreographers. I may not be the biggest fan of the gala and the SP snippet at this point, but it's beneficial for Sota to work with high-profile choreographers like Richaud or Nichol, and try different styles. I hope I can watch Sota (and Kazuki) skate for several years yet :pray: I don't know who I'll cheer for in men once they're gone as no other male skater currently active has made me as invested as these two. 🥲

Here's some more choreo of Beat It at Kurashiki:

And a group number:

Sota also gave an interview several days ago, I think for Chunichi but I'm not sure as I cannot find the tweet yet. :palmf:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
More Twitter stuff!
By Colantotte, feat. Sota, Kazuki and Koshiro playing a game:

And Sota's post about Shoma's retirement:

Twitter translation:
[Well,] Shoma, thanks for all your hard work during your active career!! We often practiced and competed together since we were juniors, and I was always inspired by Shoma! Shoma's performances have a special atmosphere to them and I really love them.
The chances of meeting you may be fewer, [but] thank you for your continued support!