Sports that make money | Golden Skate

Sports that make money

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Saw this story on the Spokane news tonight. Spokane built a huge track and field or ? facility right next to the arena and decided against making a sheet of ice available on it. Spokane is also building a huge outside stadium on the other side of the Arena, The T and F facility is called "The Podium" and this week its hosting the Pacific Coast Qualifier for USA Volley Ball....10,000 athletes. At the arena, there is the NCAA elete 8.
This weekend alone, we are talking 16,000 Hotel room days...and 12 mil economic impact due to that tournement alone. If I heard correctly, the Volley ball tournement is using a number of facilities.....
I dont begrudge anyone who loves volley ball or Track and Field..or basketball......I just dont think we are gonna see Spokane put in for many figure skating events. I hope I am wrong.....but it appears other sports are more appealing to people today. And bring in buckets full of money. In April it will be another big volley ball tournement and then the National Karate championship for 4 days....2,000 athletes....
aaa wrong sport.jpg