State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season | Page 20 | Golden Skate

State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Fantastic to see. As I just mentioned in Fan area, I hope she can add the 3A to her repertoire by Worlds, although I wouldn't want to see her overworked or risking injury.

I am not surprised to see this. Her jumps are huge and it was only a matter of time before the 3A started to come back. :yes:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really hope Leonova and Julia don't give up. I know it is disheartening and I am sure in the back of their minds they can see the upstarts already pushing the "aging"Julia. (sarcasm). Most countries would be thrilled to have either skater. I do think they still have better and meaningful skates ahead; I do appreciate it will be difficult with such a competitive team where the Olympic champion is kind of a sub this year and the world silver medallist isn't even in the top 5 at nationals.

Scott512

Record Breaker
From reading these posts, I can see I'm the minority but I think if she feels good enough, and they give her a spot at Euros, she has to take it. She won the biggest prize in all figure skating and proved herself, that should mean something, she should get a chance to compete, it's not her fault she's been injured. And let the haters hate, all she can do is try her best. She probably won't be healthy enough to go anyway, but if she is, she probably won't skate that well and they can send someone else to Worlds. But to just sit out the rest of the season is such WIMP attitude, maybe smart but not the competitive attitude of a champion. If she gives it a try, you gotta respect that, as long as she faces things straight up and tries her best, I think eventually critics have to start respecting.

Also, I read an article on sportbox.ru that Lipnitskaya's coach has already spoken out that she is against Sotnikova getting favoritism. And also kind of said that Lipnitskaya has accomplished more than Sotnikova.

It's too bad she feels like that.
I agree 100%. Adelina if she is healthy and skating well for the federation she should get the nod for Euro's or worlds over all other Russian skaters other than Elena who is the best by far in 2015. Yulia's struggling so much so Ade should get consideration over all Russian skaters other than Radionova. It should be that simple but it isn't. They get 3 spots at worlds and unless Yulia's form improves a lot she won't want to go to worlds so it may be Radio, Ade and Pogo for worlds 2015. We shall see.

Yulia's coach as beautiful as she is is wrong about Adelina not getting favortism. Ade certainly has earned the right to be treated differently than all her compatriots. I think Yulia should get some favoritism too but her form is poor this season so that's not going to happen.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Tsuzuriko, thanks.

You know, I blame the fed, I do, that's their fault! :biggrin:
I mean, now they turn Russian supporters against Adelina, like it was not enough that she's almost despised (which is hella wrong) by lots of people from the rest of the world because of Sochi.
How does the Russian federation turn Russian supporters against Adelina? That can't be true. Adelina should be an idol and sports heroine in Russia for the rest of her life. Moreso than any other female Russian athlete ever. Ade won the biggest event in the history of Russian women sports. That can never be taken away from her.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Yulia's coach as beautiful as she is is wrong about Adelina not getting favortism. Ade certainly has earned the right to be treated differently than all her compatriots. I think Yulia should get some favoritism too but her form is poor this season so that's not going to happen.

I completely agree. Adelina's form is questionable, but Yulia's is not. The question should be whether Adelina is in better form than Anna. Anna has already proven she is superior to the other Russians who didn't make the team; she beat Julia twice in their most recent events. But Adelina is the Olympic champion and she is going to get much better marks than Anna for the same content. If Adelina is ready for Euros or Worlds she should at least have a chance at one of those to prove herself. I'm glad the Russian Fed is fully behind her.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I agree 100%. Adelina if she is healthy and skating well for the federation she should get the nod for Euro's or worlds over all other Russian skaters other than Elena who is the best by far in 2015. Yulia's struggling so much so Ade should get consideration over all Russian skaters other than Radionova. It should be that simple but it isn't. They get 3 spots at worlds and unless Yulia's form improves a lot she won't want to go to worlds so it may be Radio, Ade and Pogo for worlds 2015. We shall see.

...Did you just miss the entire season? (I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, but...)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

...Did you just miss the entire season? (I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, but...)
:rofl:

Scott512, Liza won the GPF title, runner-up of Russian Nationals and overall 7 titles of 9 competitions this season, so there is no way to exclude her from the World team.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I really hope Leonova and Julia don't give up. I know it is disheartening and I am sure in the back of their minds they can see the upstarts already pushing the "aging"Julia. (sarcasm)

They both need to face the facts and just hang up the skates. Even Kurt Browning on CBC stated that Julia is not lasting the test of time. Think about it: she'll be turning 17 in just a matter of months! It's time to step aside and let the 15 year old's do what they do best.

CutieP

On the Ice
They both need to face the facts and just hang up the skates. Even Kurt Browning on CBC stated that Julia is not lasting the test of time. Think about it: she'll be turning 17 in just a matter of months! It's time to step aside and let the 15 year old's do what they do best.

This is true. I've heard that even Julia's husband is finally swiching her for someone younger.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The latest news in chronological order

1. Sotnikova has uploaded a video clip of her 3t jump landing on Instagram.
2. Liza has revealed a clip of her successful 3axel landing on Instagram soon after Sotnikova's release.
3. It is reported today that Sotnikova may not make it to the Euro team due to her injury aftermath again.

What a great timing between the three news! :laugh:

The planed test for Sotnikova whether she is allowed to join in the Euro team is still one week to go.
Therefore, the latest news seems premature, but is not surprising at all.

Poor Yulia, the whole issues surrounding Yulia and Sotnikova become moot since Sotnikova could not compete at Euro.

I really hope the remaining three months until the World 2015 is enough for Sotnikova's full recovery and training, so that Liza and Sotnikova can compete together in the World. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Noolan

On the Ice
3. It is reported today that Sotnikova may not make it to the Euro team due to her injury aftermath again.
I'm pretty sure Pogo's coach said in an interview that Pogo's place at the Euro team is guaranteed by the Federation now, so I think this is just a case of journalists reporting the same old news several times to get some hits.

Alba

Record Breaker

Oh well, if you and Kurt Browining say she is not lasting the test of time, at 16 years of age, and should hang up the skates, she should do that. :sarcasm: