State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season | Page 50 | Golden Skate

State of Russian Ladies in skating: 2014-15 Season

Interspectator

Record Breaker
What would be really fun is if everyone who wins words gets a 'king' or 'queen' photo-shoot done by a professional photographer.
:love:
Being World Champion is SPECIAL and it should be celebrated. Why not with a throne, and a crown and a cape?
The crown looks good on Elizaveta.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
This discusion is stupid. This is pointless! Miss Ice was just kidding, I could see it from the smiley. However, all of you can think very fast, so you immidiately know she is jealous of Liza, she is afraid her 3A is better than Mao or that she just hates her! Congratz! You all just won the fastest attack medals! :disapp:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I do take issue with the setup of the photo shoot. She should have been in a full, proper ball gown, delicately embroidered and embellished, and a fur-lined cloak falling from her shoulders to the floor, the crown upon her elegantly styled hair. A regal, imposing, perfect Queen, as she is. ;)

moriel

Record Breaker
I do take issue with the setup of the photo shoot. She should have been in a full, proper ball gown, delicately embroidered and embellished, and a fur-lined cloak falling from her shoulders to the floor, the crown upon her elegantly styled hair. A regal, imposing, perfect Queen, as she is. ;)

That dress is actually ok for me as the length is fit for a competition outfit and she actually could skate in something like that (well, with some transparent fabric added strategically). Not sure if a cloak to the floor would be fitting =D

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really wish Tukt could show more class than this:
https://vk.com/photo-68507454_367508045
https://vk.com/photo-68507454_367508329

Seriously? Yeah, you had a great season, but wow, humble much? I am not hating or anything, she is a brilliant skate, but wow, take some lessons on class, or something. :popcorn:

Edit: To clarify, I really admire her and love her as a skater, she shows incredible amounts of perseverance and seems like a genuinely friendly person, I just wish she would have some modesty since she has yet to win an Olympics or a second World title, especially with *cough* Mao on the horizon.

The pictures, especially the first one, are gorgeous. What is the problem?

LRK

Record Breaker

:yes:

(Sighs sadly at this missed opportunity - maybe next time... )

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, its a photoshoot. The dress is what you see at an 18 year olds grad. I was expecting something scandalous but it was just a photoshoot - y ou can tell by the posing and such Even if she did do some fun photos (though I doubt it - who has a Crown like that) who really cares. No harm. And everyone deserves to be king or queen for at least a day :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh gosh, its a photoshoot. The dress is what you see at an 18 year olds grad. I was expecting something scandalous but it was just a photoshoot - y ou can tell by the posing and such Even if she did do some fun photos (though I doubt it - who has a Crown like that) who really cares. No harm. And everyone deserves to be king or queen for at least a day :)
You got it right. Honestly I hope she will have some similar dress in competition next season, maybe different color.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Seriously? Yeah, you had a great season, but wow, humble much? I am not hating or anything, she is a brilliant skate, but wow, take some lessons on class, or something. :popcorn:

Edit: To clarify, I really admire her and love her as a skater, she shows incredible amounts of perseverance and seems like a genuinely friendly person, I just wish she would have some modesty since she has yet to win an Olympics or a second World title, especially with *cough* Mao on the horizon.

It's Liza's fault that she took part in an edgy photoshoot playing on her accomplishment of winning the world championships? I mean come on. The dress is sexy but it's not inappropriate or risque, and the crown is just a cute and funny way to honor her accomplishments this season. That's about as deep as I would read into it. It would be different if Liza were parading around St. Petersburg in the dress and crown just for the heck of it, but, this is clearly for a magazine or commercial, and the styling of it all is typical of modern advertising.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's Liza's fault that she took part in an edgy photoshoot playing on her accomplishment of winning the world championships? I mean come on. The dress is sexy but it's not inappropriate or risque, and the crown is just a cute and funny way to honor her accomplishments this season. That's about as deep as I would read into it. It would be different if Liza were parading around St. Petersburg in the dress and crown just for the heck of it, but, this is clearly for a magazine or commercial, and the styling of it all is typical of modern advertising.
If she paraded around St. Petersburg in that dress, I would be her paparazzi and follow her everywhere. :rock: (Er, assuming we lived in a world where plane tickets were free.) As long as she isn't harming her competitors, who cares? :biggrin:

You got it right. Honestly I hope she will have some similar dress in competition next season, maybe different color.
Yes, I really hope so! It's very flattering and beautiful--even more so than the red gala dress, imo. Some illusion mesh to take care of wardrobe malfunction, maybe a slightly looser skirt to make movement easier. As for colour, I suggest gold, in the vein of Michelle Kwan's Bolero dress.

anyanka

Record Breaker

I don't see anything wrong with the shots. Besides, these were for a magazine shoot and it's the editor who makes those decisions. It's not always the case that the celeb gets veto power on what not to wear. That privilege belongs to Beyonce or Madonna, but not to Liza.

If anything, I would take offense that the pictures seem a little cheesy and unoriginal in terms of conception. It looks like a Sears Portrait catalogue from 1995.

hurrah

Medalist
I do find the non-skating photos of not only Liza but Julia, as well, all too accommodating of the male gaze all too often. Those photos might as well be catering to paedophiliacs' taste and it's sad that Russian culture finds this acceptable and normal.

Both Liza and Julia and all the Russian girls in fact, are really beautiful, but the make-up, outfit, the pose, the amount of skin exposed, is something that I find uncomfortable.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza is eighteen now, so at least she is an adult.

I did notice that the dress appeared to have reinforcement in certain areas. Though maybe things are just strapped down tighter under her mumus.

I liked the pictures with the feathery cape thing better.

moriel

Record Breaker
I do find the non-skating photos of not only Liza but Julia, as well, all too accommodating of the male gaze all too often. Those photos might as well be catering to paedophiliacs' taste and it's sad that Russian culture finds this acceptable and normal.

Both Liza and Julia and all the Russian girls in fact, are really beautiful, but the make-up, outfit, the pose, the amount of skin exposed, is something that I find uncomfortable.

they look like normal teenagers, except for their skating outfits maybe (although many teen girls use stuff as revealing as frequently)