Stephane Lambiel Tweets About New YOI Film | Golden Skate

Stephane Lambiel Tweets About New YOI Film

Haleth

On the Ice
Note to mods: I'm keeping this separate from the concert livestream thread, which I posted in Le Café, as it had no living skaters. Since SL tweeted and he may have skated for the movie, I posted here. But I bow to your wishes if you feel you need to move this to the older YOI Movie thread in the Edge about Jeff Buttle.

Link: https://twitter.com/StephaneLambiel/status/1013388443186089984

Several ice skaters were also filmed at the Chiba rink on various nights, almost certainly for the YOI production: Jeff Buttle, Johnny Weir, possibly also Plushenko and Kenji Miyamoto. Look at Jeff's post on filming from May 29: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjW5NmjnfNe/?taken-by=j_butt

Not sure if this is a hint that Stephane was also filmed at some point. It wouldn't surprise me, given that he has a cameo in YOI. Oda Nobunari had a voice cameo, assisting in commentary, so it's not impossible he too was filmed, especially he, like the others, have been participating in FaOI. Since the film seems to be a prequel focused on Victor's adolescence, and it's clear from Stephane's cameo that he knows Victor fairly well, Stephane may be in the film for more than a few seconds. But that is pure speculation on my part! He could easily have another short cameo, alongside the others.

ETA: Short preview teaser for the movie: http://lazuliblade.tumblr.com/post/175434629598/nikiforoov-yuri-on-ice-ice-adolescence

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Ygh... I better prepare for return of people who have problem with distinguishing real life skaters and animated, non-existing characters :palmf: :sarcasm:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ygh... I better prepare for return of people who have problem with distinguishing real life skaters and animated, non-existing characters :palmf: :sarcasm:

Is that worse than people who analyze the real skaters' every move to death, promote whatever scenarios suit their preferred narrative and post their fanfiction here & elsewhere as if it were fact? Unfortunately they never go away.

Haleth

On the Ice

Don't forget the many fs fans who don't watch the series yet tweet angrily at skaters, or tell them who they should be romantically attached to?

At least a skater reminding a fan of a YOI skater is almost always intended positively, even if inept. Most of those who do that are young and can be gently instructed. I prefer them to the endless parade of ppl yelling directly at skaters, or telling V/M they need to get together. :disapp:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I wasn't here yet back then, was that so bad? :laugh:

Yep. Calling real skaters with names or characters or commenting programs with comparing them to programs from anime was just the least annoying thing. I thought I'd throw my computer out of the window when I read comment under Plushenko's 2014 Olympic performance which was something like "I think Victor would do it better".

I actually prefer analysing skaters' moves to this ****. Fanfiction is evil I will never accept but the main problem with YOI fandom was how loud and annoying it was. There were people at World Championship in Helsinki calling Yuzuru per Yuri when he skated.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
LOL Stephane Lambiel comes back to figure skating, will be coached by former student Vasiljevs

That's exactly what I thought when I looked at the latest post on the front page with weary eyes at 11pm
And I had just talked with friends on the other half of the sphere about YOI, retired skaters, come back skaters and lambiel.

Anyway it's good news. I've been wondering about the season 2 or the movie for quite a few months.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Yep. Calling real skaters with names or characters or commenting programs with comparing them to programs from anime was just the least annoying thing. I thought I'd throw my computer out of the window when I read comment under Plushenko's 2014 Olympic performance which was something like "I think Victor would do it better".

I actually prefer analysing skaters' moves to this ****. Fanfiction is evil I will never accept but the main problem with YOI fandom was how loud and annoying it was. There were people at World Championship in Helsinki calling Yuzuru per Yuri when he skated.

Oh, I see, really bothersome! One thing I noticed that really annoyed me, was that a lot of people started shipping Yuzuru and Medvedeva just because of their nationality... I hate shipping real people :rolleye:

I really hope Stephane will have a good part in the movie, I miss him so much :luv17:

Haleth

On the Ice

Again, seen much much much more bad behaviour from fs fans in general who appear to have no connection to the show. It's a sad truth that the show is far kinder to skaters than many fs fans are, outside of their favorites. The fictional skaters are flawed to various degrees, some get much fleshing out than others, but they are also treated with compassion and humour.

People here complain and fuss all the time about how unpopular fs is becoming outside of Japan and Russia. And then complain again when many new fans (like me and many of my friends who are going to competitions for the first time since the show premiered and staying up all hours to watch ls like everyone else!) are brought to fs skating. Many YOI fans are young and will settle down and learn. My friends and I try to teach, but it's a popular show and so it will take time.

Tulipstar

Medalist
LOL Stephane Lambiel comes back to figure skating, will be coached by former student Vasiljevs

I was thinking the same thing when I read Daisuke. Since this has been such a weird off-season, maybe Deniss can coach him if he comes back:laugh:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Don't forget the many fs fans who don't watch the series yet tweet angrily at skaters, or tell them who they should be romantically attached to?

At least a skater reminding a fan of a YOI skater is almost always intended positively, even if inept. Most of those who do that are young and can be gently instructed. I prefer them to the endless parade of ppl yelling directly at skaters, or telling V/M they need to get together. :disapp:

This. I've seen a lot of FS fandom ugliness that has nothing to do with YOI.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Again, seen much much much more bad behaviour from fs fans in general who appear to have no connection to the show. It's a sad truth that the show is far kinder to skaters than many fs fans are, outside of their favorites. The fictional skaters are flawed to various degrees, some get much fleshing out than others, but they are also treated with compassion and humour.

People here complain and fuss all the time about how unpopular fs is becoming outside of Japan and Russia. And then complain again when many new fans (like me and many of my friends who are going to competitions for the first time since the show premiered and staying up all hours to watch ls like everyone else!) are brought to fs skating. Many YOI fans are young and will settle down and learn. My friends and I try to teach, but it's a popular show and so it will take time.

The YOI fans who come for the skating and learn and just enjoy skating are not a problem. But when you have YOI fans erasing real skaters' achievements by referring to them as a character, or acting as though their characters are real...two of the worst I saw of that, one was under the article that was about doing school and skating. The remark was "It sounds so hard. And of course much love to our YOI guys who manage to do it all". As though the real life skaters who'd been putting in blood sweat and tears meant nothing, only their fictional characters.

The other was when the Russia sanctions were announced. YOI fans were writing long monologues about how terrible this was...for Yurio and Victor. Screw your fictional characters, for whom this likely doesn't even exist! There were real skaters hurt, but that was apparently irrelevant to these people.