Summer oh Summer Where Art Thou? | Golden Skate

Summer oh Summer Where Art Thou?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well we are definitley not having a heat wave here in Vancouver BC, unlike the rest of Canada and the US. We had about two or three really nice days about a week ago and have not seen the sun much since. It's cloudy and raining most of the time. Forget about breaking out the summer gear and sun screen. Of course, everything is lovely and green. We are all glum. We keep seeing how the rest of the country is baking in the sun on the news. Oh well...here's wishing I was in the sun.

:eek:hwell:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm not baking in western Montana. We have had one day when the temp hit 94 degrees F & about 5 days with highs in the 80's. It's back down now to the 70's which is really ok by me. We've had a lot of rain this spring & summer.

heyang

Record Breaker
All I can say is that I miss Spring..... I'm not a heat lover - I definitely prefer mid Fall and Spring temperatures - upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night.... Boo, 107 at 3pm. It took a good 5 minutes for my car to cool off inside and it's never taken that long before.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to my digital temperature thing next to our desktop, yesterday's temperature in Philly hit 103! This is our 5th official heatwave this season (3 days over 90 degrees F). Our first one was back in late May. So we're having summer with a vengeance here. Right now, as I'm typing this (at 7:50 AM EDT), it's already 82 F, and headed up to 103 again.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We finally had some decent weather these past couple of days. The sun actually appeared and no rain fell. I am not fond of sweltering heat either, but it is nice when the sun comes out and we don't have to put on our rain gear. I know the trees and gardens are loving the rain, but frankly, I have had enough already!! Usually the weather picks up in August and we have a lovely September. Of course, by then everyone has forgotten about summer...:biggrin: