Survivor Pananma | Golden Skate

Survivor Pananma

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone watching?

I got a little confused tonight. Why didn't Terry give Austin the immunity idol??

Dee

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I guess that since the bribe didn't work, he figures he'll eventually need it himself if he doesn't continue to win immunity. I know I'd keep it at that point!

Jhar55

Medalist
Terry would have had to give Austin the idol before they went to trible councle.
Terry made one big mistake even telling anyone he has the idol and an even bigger one if he were to give it up.
Also the idol is only good for one time.
I think they need to get rid of Shane,because he is calling all the shots. Just like all the other shows one guy pulls all the string and the rest follow.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jhar55 said:
I think they need to get rid of Shane,because he is calling all the shots. Just like all the other shows one guy pulls all the string and the rest follow.
Yes, Shane is calling all the shots. It surprises me that they follow him.

I really like this season. If Terry and Sally don't win immunity they are in big trouble now.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
They should have voted Shane off the time he went around telling everyone he wanted to leave, BUT NO they talked him out of it.
Terry is only safe as long as he keeps his idol and wins immunity which I think doesn't happen this week. I agree this season is one of the best.

Kasey

Medalist
Strange, how it's similar to figure skating; different strokes for different folks. My mom and I have thought that this is one of the most boring seasons and group of people.....

That said, I LOVE Shane!! (Maybe because he's as honestly b&tchy as *I* would be if if I was there!!) I hope he and Cyrie go final two, because no other personalities stand out to me....I like Terry ok, but give me the funny and snarky this season! :)

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
I don't see that it's a huge disadvantage that everyone knows he has it. It's going to be critical for him to win immunity this week though. The reason is that if he does, the blonde girl from his tribe will be voted out. There's no saving her now. Even if Terry loses this week's challenge, they will still likely vote out the blonde girl. They can't take a risk that Terry and the blonde girl will put down one of their names at this juncture. They're not ready for that. So she gets voted out and then you are left with Terry and the other 6.

If at any point along the way after that Terry loses immunity, the tribe dynamics will be interesting among the 6. They'll know that even if they vote out Terry, he'll save himself and it will come down to who Terry votes for. That puts the remaining 6 in a position to pull Terry aside individually and lobby to either take out one of their comrades, or lobby him not to write down their name. Either way, Terry can ask, "What's in it for me?" and perhaps get himself further in the game. Even if a majority of them tell him they want to lose Shane, Terry can always go to Shane and tell him that the tribe wants him to get the boot - thus inciting Shane to scamble and promise Terry some security.

And once he finally uses the idol, he's a huge threat at the immunity challenges and may just be able to hang around based on winning immunities.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Every Survivor year, a group of us at work draw names and as luck would have it, I had Sally. :cry: :cry: I really liked her too.

Great summation Skate Sandee. If Terry makes it to the end, I'll be shocked. I like him too.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
So far, I don't think Terry has made a mistake. He was trying to use the immunity idol to sway people to a new alliance. Unfortunately, it didn't work for Austin and Sally. I think both Austin and Sally would understand why it would be a mistake for Terry to give either one of them the idol since it would have extended their stay for perhaps a week.

Terry's a strong player and he might be able to make it to the end, but I have a feeling he's going to have to win a lot of immunity. The jury will be loaded against him since he is part of the minority tribe. So far, it doesn't look like anyone hates each other nor has backstabbed each other, at least for now. I could see Terry gettng to the final 2, but not neccessarily winning it - although I would vote for him if he was final2.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang said:
The jury will be loaded against him since he is part of the minority tribe. So far, it doesn't look like anyone hates each other nor has backstabbed each other, at least for now. I could see Terry gettng to the final 2, but not neccessarily winning it - although I would vote for him if he was final2.
I think most of them respect Terry's athletic abilities except for Danielle. I thought it would have been a good idea to use the idol on Sally because then Aras would have been gone. Terry would have at least a fighting chance with the rest of the Casaya tribe. Both Terry and Sally were big threats.

I think Terry is going to stir up trouble this week.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
All Terry needs to do is sit back and wait because the Casaya's are starting to fight with each other. Any way one of them is going this week.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will get my little report I do for our work. How's that RD?? Just give me a couple of minutes to PM it to you.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
By the way, thanks so much Dee for that report. I just have time to get to reading it now before the show begins. Greatly appreciated. :agree:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's see how old is Shane?? I couldn't believe his childish behavior. I think Cirie sure bamboozled him tonight unless he doesn't really believe her.

Dee

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Well, Terry is screwed. After last night, Casaya couldn't have made it more plain that they won't even consider bonding with him or making a move to include as a power play against their old tribe alliance. His only hope to get to the F2 is to win every immunity challenge. And that's a possibility, but the odds are against him. He's assured Final 4 no matter what happens next week because he can use the idol. But then he's on his own. I just hope he hangs in there longer than Shane - who has annoyed me from Day 1. That man has had more to eat than anyone, and he goes on and on about how starving he is. Seeing Terry last longer than Shane would at least be a small satisfaction.

Classic Shane:

Shane: I will come over to your ****** little apartment and kill you and then go right to my club. I mean it.

Courtney: That's not very nice.

Shane: Why do you take everything so personally!?

(What a tool!)

heyang

Record Breaker
I loved how giggly Cirie got about some of the reward challenge questions. I think she got the most votes for who is most trustworthy.

Courtney was quite shocked that she was most annoying and obnoxious. I think she and Shane are the most annoying.

Frankly, as a competitor, I would not want to be in the final 2 with Terry. If he got there, it would be hard not to vote for him since it is him against Casaya. If he makes it, he did outplay, outwit and outlast totally - and no one can say he's a slacker or rode coat tails to victory. That's why he has a huge target on his back. He's not as likeable as Tom Westman from a previous Survivor season, but he's definitely got the same strengths.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang said:
IFrankly, as a competitor, I would not want to be in the final 2 with Terry.
If Terry is one of the final 2, I don't think he'll win because most of the jury will be made up of Casaya people.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
But the winner of the last Survivor Guatamala was Dani and she was the sole surivor from the 'losing' tribe. Stephanie's tribemates did not vote for her because of perceived backstabbing.

I don't think the Casaya teammates particularly like each other enough to guarantee that they would vote for a Casaya member vs Terry in a final 2.