Susanna Poykio | Golden Skate

Susanna Poykio

kwanzone2006

Spectator
Here is a video of Susanna Poykio's program at Skate Canada.

Link (copy and paste to address bar)

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adriana.ADRIANA-A2L1OLR/My%20Documents/filelib/pothemonta/poykio2004skatecanadalp.wmv

(She reminds me of Michelle kwan's skating style in her body posture and jumps also.) :) :) :) :)

I would love to see it, Kwanzone. But the link is to a file on someone's C drive, not a web address. Is there a URL for this?

Mathman:)

Mathman - Susanna is something see. Never mind she does only triples, she just flows all over the ice. When she falls, I feel terrible because someone not even half as good wont fall and well, that's life.
Joe

kareliz

Rinkside
Loved her skating!

I agree that she had many qualities that remind me of Michele. Very smooth flow over the ice, beautifu, fluid arm movement, even her body type is alot like Michele. And did anyone see lots of choreographic moments taken right from Michele's repertoire? I don't mind this a bit - this is the kind of skating I love. I just enjoyed her skate immensely look forward to watching her develop.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I'm glad to see there are so many people that enjoy Poykio. Skate Canada was the first time I had ever seen her and I was quite impressed. She is so polished and all of her movements are so fluid. I kept waiting for her to break that beautiful form and have an awkward moment, but she never did. It was strong skating (despite some bobbled jumps) and was lovely from start to finish. She did remind me of Michelle quite a bit. I think it was mostly her stroking.

And don't forget that Susanna won the LP in Skate America and they didn't show it on TV. After her 6th place in the SP, she brought herself up to 4th. This girl is going to make top 10 in Moscow, imo.

Joe

Nadine

Record Breaker
Different Strokes for Different Folks...

She actually reminds me of Yuka Sato in every single aspect, from her somatype right down to her skating style, which bodes well for her future, as evidenced already.

Peace & Love, Nadine

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Ok, based on the one routine I have seen her perform... she is my new favorite!!! Her routine was so lovely, she is so lovely and quite a joy to watch.

diver chick

On the Ice
One thing I love about Susanna is her costume choice. She always picks beautifully elegant costumes that look great on the ice. Last seasons pink one was fabulous. They are always beautiful strong colours without being garish and have just the right amount of glitter and sequins to be spohisticated.

Plus she is a joy to watch on the ice, so so elegant. I always think she has the best of Michell Kwan and Angela Nikodinov in her skating.

skatingfan5

On the Ice
Go Susanna!

Nadine said:
She actually reminds me of Yuka Sato in every single aspect, from her somatype right down to her skating style, which bodes well for her future, as evidenced already.
Two differences: Susanna is a clock-wise jumper/spinner and she is stronger on her toe-pick jumps (including a great lutz) than Yuka. Like Michelle, the 3loop is often problematic for her. I see similarities to both Yuka and Michelle's skating in Susanna's -- all three have great flow over the ice (and outflow on their jumps), wonderful carriage, and very polished, expressive and finished moves (including arms) -- and they all have lovely costumes too. :) The first (and only) time I saw Susanna Poykio skate was the 2002 Bofrost event where she also won a bronze medal and I was immediately taken with her skating. I'm glad that she had good free skates at both SA and SC. I just received a tape from my sister of ESPN's SA & SC coverage and finally watched Susanna's "Romeo & Juliet" -- it was quite lovely. Makes me even more :mad: that ABC didn't broadcast her SA performance -- those who were there said it was better than at SC.

hongligl

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
And don't forget that Susanna won the LP in Skate America and they didn't show it on TV. After her 6th place in the SP, she brought herself up to 4th. This girl is going to make top 10 in Moscow, imo.

Joe

I remembered that it was from 8 to 5. So I go back to double check. Yes. SP 8th and LP 1st. That is the beauty of COP, give good skaters a chance to shine even when they had a mistake.

I really enjoy watching Susanna, her skating was so beautiful and smooth. Her poise are elegant, especially her back (I agree with the commentator this time).

If I try to be picky, her hand could be more relaxed, with the ballet form, instead of forks like all the time. It would be just a small touch to give her a more polished artistry, IMO.

I look forward to seeing her again this season.

Last edited: