2022 Skate Canada Men's Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, boys will be boys, and this was as messy as usual.

Strangely, I find the guys a bit overscored...especially compared to the women.

Ah well, hopefully Kao has this in his bag.

Agree 100%. I'd say about 5 points across the board over my expectations. I'm even surprised Gogolev scored as well as he did.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i wonder if Keegan has one too after this fall... sigh... I have to say though that i love his program and the shirt !!!! Am I imagining things or is he wearing northern lights?
I don’t know, I was too busy looking for the stuffie. Now I’ve got my VPN fired up and locking for the pairs. Does Skate Canada put up replays?

Lynse

On the Ice
I am still heartbroken over Lynsey Thorngren's miss. Only a few of the guys tonight healed the wound.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don’t know, I was too busy looking for the stuffie. Now I’ve got my VPN fired up and locking for the pairs. Does Skate Canada put up replays?
I don't know.... they usually show "highlights" on the CBC website... but full replays... not sure... I will have to check youtube etc...

but first... shower is needed after work and sweating like a pig cause of Rinky

yesterday

Record Breaker
That was the save of the event. Even watching the replay, and KNOWING he didn't fall, I was surprised he stood up.
giphy.webp

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know.... they usually show "highlights" on the CBC website... but full replays... not sure... I will have to check youtube etc...

but first... shower is needed after work and sweating like a pig cause of Rinky
Thank you.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Depends. Deniss style, most of the time. Burkhard style, nope :biggrin:

Do you mean Ralph Burghardt? I would tend to agree. ;). But I do like Deniss' hair, even when it flies out. I even like, gasp, manbuns, although not as much as actual long hair.

auser

Record Breaker

16Olympics

On the Ice
I was so hopeful for the men's event especially after last week's awesome SA but ice is, you know....On to the FS.

noskates

Record Breaker
Well, sorry. I like men with long hair but Deniss' just looks like a hot mess. It really detracts from his skating for me. I did love his choreography though and the music. I think it suited him. Felt the same way about Shoma. You really can see Stephane's influence on him. Overall I found the men's short pretty disappointing. When do we stop saying "oh it's still early in the season!" Would also like to mention that if Camden had landed that pesky quad (and we know he can) he would have had another 10-13 points and the leader board would look a bit different. Was kind of surprised at how many of the men blew their triple/triple combo. Found that a bit unusual. Oh well - on to the long program.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, sorry. I like men with long hair but Deniss' just looks like a hot mess. It really detracts from his skating for me. I did love his choreography though and the music. I think it suited him. Felt the same way about Shoma. You really can see Stephane's influence on him. Overall I found the men's short pretty disappointing. When do we stop saying "oh it's still early in the season!" Would also like to mention that if Camden had landed that pesky quad (and we know he can) he would have had another 10-13 points and the leader board would look a bit different. Was kind of surprised at how many of the men blew their triple/triple combo. Found that a bit unusual. Oh well - on to the long program.
Ref: Well, sorry. I like men with long hair but Deniss' just looks like a hot mess. It really detracts from his skating for me.
Were you somehow reading Mfarone and I messaging back and forth???? :devil: We also are glad JM got rid of the bun. :rofl:
Go Camden!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Men - Free Skating
Starting Order
StN.NameNationRankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Stephen GOGOLEV
CAN.GIF
CAN
2Aleksandr SELEVKO
EST.GIF
EST
3Jimmy MA
USA.GIF
USA
4Lukas BRITSCHGI
SUI.GIF
SUI
5Deniss VASILJEVS
LAT.GIF
LAT
Warm-Up Group 2
6Conrad ORZEL
CAN.GIF
CAN
7Camden PULKINEN
USA.GIF
USA
8Keegan MESSING
CAN.GIF
CAN
9Matteo RIZZO
ITA.GIF
ITA
10Shoma UNO
JPN.GIF
JPN
11Kao MIURA
JPN.GIF
JPN

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I didn’t really realize Selevko went for 4Lz attempt. I really liked his program. Also, honestly, after 2019 Skate Canada and Hanyu’s fans behaviour toward Rizzo, I am happy to seem him going into 3rd was nice and I absolutely adore this program. Miura is really impressive and I adore Uno. He looked tired, so maybe dealing jet lag or injury.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finished now watching men. Look at my predictions :

uCgl8aXlQf0B165WqibC_Ace4n3dEWoM-Jfu1i06uD884lq525DQCH8C5WcY1akhuwVjECG151slDa-qjV4r9elPPI-EyfD13yOPNYbDb8PcktptIQmhH-Zu15TLbs3AbKPDvcqKZLqu0inEN8DhId138YmXENvZTSy8NWsBR8htNOMNrd8ReZcv7g

:laugh:

Well this wil change but I am usually so bad at this I had to toot my own horn. This is not what I want, I love Kao but Shoma is nr 1 japanese skater in my heart but I take risks when I make those. How elegant can Shoma he be. Okei, I go to his fan thread now.