Tara & Johnny to host Wedding Cake show | Golden Skate

Tara & Johnny to host Wedding Cake show

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried to find a thread about this, but didn't find one. If this has been discussed already, I'm sorry about the duplication!

Figure skater and Lancaster County native Johnny Weir continues to expand his television profile — this time moving into hosting a baking competition on the Food Network. The TV personality, who grew up in Quarryville, will host the new “Wedding Cake Championship,” premiering on Food Network next month. His co-host will be his longtime broadcasting partner, fellow Olympic figure skater Tara Lipinski.

The show, on which teams of bakers will compete in various baking challenges related to wedding cakes, premieres Monday, June 25, at 9 p.m. The show will run for several weeks, with one team of bakers being eliminated each week. The top prize is $25,000. Judges are baker Kimberly Bailey, Maneet Chauhan from the network's "Chopped" and celebrity wedding planner David Tutera.

Weir and Lipinksi have reported as a team for NBC from the past three Olympic Games, along with doing fashion commentary for such events as the Academy Awards and the Kentucky Derby.

https://lancasteronline.com/feature...cle_8c89f074-602b-11e8-9fce-47164e243845.html

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have done a good job of creating themselves a path that exceeds that of only covering figure skating. Every time they do they draw much needed attention to our little sport.

I wish them luck and success on this journey.

Thanks for sharing :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:rolleye:

Can they just do this from now on and leave the skating commentary to others who do it better and less nastily?

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Johnny does a very good commentary for figure skating. Needs to ditch Tara. In all the non-skating opportunities they've enjoyed - he's the one that stands out.

I think this show is going to be hilarious.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Can they just do this from now on and leave the skating commentary to others who do it better and less nastily?

if I agree with some of your post, i have to say that i want my food network jonnie and tara free. ugh ... one more show i won't watch, that one and the one where a dude goes around the world to eat all sorts of bugs and tripe.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

I don´t think that they have been nasty at all. In my opinion a commentary should clearly tell the mistakes skaters are doing. Of course the good stuff, too. The fault in both commentators is that they speak way too much, LOL.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don´t think that they have been nasty at all. In my opinion a commentary should clearly tell the mistakes skaters are doing. Of course the good stuff, too. The fault in both commentators is that they speak way too much, LOL.

Oh please, Weir and Lipinski don't just "point out mistakes", they're bitter, catty and nasty.

macy

Record Breaker
Judges are baker Kimberly Bailey, Maneet Chauhan from the network's "Chopped" and celebrity wedding planner David Tutera.

off topic, but whatever happened to his tv show, my fair wedding? i used to watch this allllllll the time and i haven't seen it on in the last few years.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
How strange. I find Johnnie to be very precise with his commentary as well as fair. Tara does the "fluffier" commentary.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Me and my sister watch a lot of Footnetwork competition programs, she doesn´t watch FS, but when the commercial for this program came on tv, she was super interested, probable because it looks like it could be a complete mess (in the baking part)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Great gig. Please stay there!

I want to start a campaign get Adam, Mirai and Ashley on the NBC rosters for future commentary. And they can call out bs judging as they see fit... and yes it will be a riot!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This doesn't sound as though it's anything I'd be interested in, but it brings to mind a true story.

I was counseling a group of middle school kids once, and they were talking about a coupon show on television. I thought, "They won't read a book because it's too boring, but they'll watch a program of people grocery shopping?"

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I was watching some old Whose Line is it Anyway? on You Tube and Tara was on being used as a prop.

She's small enough that they could use her and Johnny as wedding cake toppers. Aw..cute.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Can either Johnny or Tara actually Bake? It's one thing when they call out skaters because they've walked a mile in their "Skates" How the heck do they know what great cake is supposed to taste like. It's one thing to go by looks but, what about taste? There a lot of sophisticated cake flavors.....I guess I'll have to watch and see. I wonder if there will be professional tasters like they have on "Beat Bobby Flay" who are separate from the hosts.

tothepointe

On the Ice
This doesn't sound as though it's anything I'd be interested in, but it brings to mind a true story.

I was counseling a group of middle school kids once, and they were talking about a coupon show on television. I thought, "They won't read a book because it's too boring, but they'll watch a program of people grocery shopping?"

Extreme couponing was one of the best shows on tv. It got me super obsessed with couponing for awhile. I've only just now run out of razor blades from my couponing days.

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Can either Johnny or Tara actually Bake? It's one thing when they call out skaters because they've walked a mile in their "Skates" How the heck do they know what great cake is supposed to taste like. It's one thing to go by looks but, what about taste? There a lot of sophisticated cake flavors.....I guess I'll have to watch and see. I wonder if there will be professional tasters like they have on "Beat Bobby Flay" who are separate from the hosts.

I think most baking shows have judges that are seperate from the hosts, so I assume that this show will do that. I do agree with you about them not being qualified to judge. Also with decorations tthough, it seems like a very detailed and precise thing that they likely know nothing about.