Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 187 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

gabifazio

Rinkside
I came across an old article from 2012, where they were discussing the quad throw. I find this quote to be so amusing and adorable at the same time. ;)

Interviewer: Nevertheless, the answer is `yes', you would do a quad throw?
TV: Yes. I would try. But if the partner is afraid to throw me, I'd give it up.
MT: I'm not afraid. I can throw... If Aljona asked me to do a throw quad with her I would. Or any other girl. But not Tanya. I have only one partner who I waited for for 5 years. I don't want her to injure herself. It's easy enough to get injuried as it is, why push it?

LOOOOOL :laugh:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-like-being-a-pair-with-no-style-by-Simonenko
They are absolute cute, no words :love:

liubing

Rinkside
I noticed in that article that it says that Max is looking forward to seeing his favourite doctor in New Jersey about his shoulder, but maybe he saw one in Russia? Several of his pics over the last few days have been posted from what seems like a hospital or some medical building in Moscow. Maybe he had surgery?

This picture leaves us worrying about Maxim's whereabouts and his situation:
http://instagram.com/p/pSl_qkuVUU/#

http://instagram.com/p/pODd75uVU1/#
How nice that Maxim did not forget to support his caring coach!

mhelliknee

Rinkside
I love that quote! He's so cute trying to keep her safe at all costs even though the sport they do is so dangerous. I bet he's terrified of having that horrible T/M fall from a few years ago happen to them (as any partner would be).

This picture leaves us worrying about Maxim's whereabouts and his situation:
http://instagram.com/p/pSl_qkuVUU/#

http://instagram.com/p/pODd75uVU1/#
How nice that Maxim did not forget to support his caring coach!

Yeah, he was in the hospital for something, and I think it was almost a week. I don't think it was his shoulder though because the selfie he took with Tatiana a few days seemed to indicate that the shoulder hadn't been operated on. I hope he's doing better now that he's out (?).

liubing

Rinkside
I love that quote! He's so cute trying to keep her safe at all costs even though the sport they do is so dangerous. I bet he's terrified of having that horrible T/M fall from a few years ago happen to them (as any partner would be).

Yeah, he was in the hospital for something, and I think it was almost a week. I don't think it was his shoulder though because the selfie he took with Tatiana a few days seemed to indicate that the shoulder hadn't been operated on. I hope he's doing better now that he's out (?).

Nobody knew why he was in hospital. We all wish that Maxim is in good health!

mbdemeo

Spectator
Does anyone know if their training sessions in NJ are open for the public to watch? Are they at the Ice House in Hackensack? Is there a training schedule posted for them somewhere?

mhelliknee

Rinkside

Nessie

On the Ice
This morning I traveled to Codey Arena in West Orange, New Jersey to watch the practice session of Nina Moser’s skaters – including our Volosozhar and Trankov. The sessions are indeed open, though there was only one other person in the rink seats besides me. You can phone to get the schedule. It was great to see V and T of course, but it is NOT really fun to be a fan. Because of social media we are able to follow so much of their life/ We feel as if we are in their circle and we know them. But we are outside their circle and we don’t know them, so it’s awkward. Before they went into the rink, I was sitting not too far from Max but I did not introduce myself. I just couldn’t do it.

When Max got on the ice he spent all of his time coaching a young pair (possibly Kuznetsov – a guy with red hair). I wondered if Max had had a hand in choreographing their piece? He was dressed warmly and wore a knit cap pulled down -- the cool way. A half hour later, Tania took to the ice and skated by herself, occasionally looking at Max and the pair he was training, but as they continued their work, she continued to skate by herself. She wore her usual wool tights and a grey sweater, no make up, pony tail. She’s a lovely skater, as we know. Fabulous legs, as we know.

They’re really just as we see them, so you can take heart that though you might be far away, you aren’t missing much because when one is near them, they are in their own world. If one were to try to enter that world, one would feel something like an intruder. I'm glad I made the trek out there, but also glad I didn't disturb them.

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Nessie, what a cool thing to be able to see them practicing! I think it's just neat to see them outside of Instagram where we think their life is all fun and games. I really respect a couple on and off the ice that can work so well together professionally. I can't wait see them in person. TV and YouTube don't do them justice!

Birlajs

Spectator
I looked at the Grand Prix events, and V/T are going to the cup of china! If they win there (which they most likely will) they have won all the grand prix events! :clap:

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I looked at the Grand Prix events, and V/T are going to the cup of china! If they win there (which they most likely will) they have won all the grand prix events! :clap:

I was excited to see that they were assigned that as well so they can get a win there and then they have a nice break before Finals to rest.

Nessie

On the Ice
Yuri Larionov was skating too with his new partner, Zabijako (I think ). They were working on a particular section of their program where they both do side-by-side jumps – and they came rocketing down the rink. Max moved the young pair he was working with to be out of their way. Three couples were practicing and they all respected the spacing that the other pairs needed. They seemed to see each other coming, and were very polite to boot -- this of course is skating at the highest level. I think Alexander Enbert was there too. Don’t know his partner’s name.

Zabijako is REALLY thin. All of the pairs women are either petite like Tanya or they are extremely thin. Many athletes eat at a “training table” where their intake is controlled – I suspect the Russians do this in Russia. I don’t know how they handle things when they travel. Guess they are just careful.

The coach who works with Nina Moser (I can’t recall his name) was using an I-pad to take pictures of Larionov and Zabijako in a throw-split jump sequence. All of the couples were working hard – and Tanya was weaving her way through everyone. It was kind of sweet really. She seemed remarkably patient but then again, I think skaters are just happy to skate. She was doing “singles” stuff – great spins, deep edging, and loop jumps – doubles in a sequence of three.