Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 268 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I like big, dramatic programs too! That's why Black Swan is hands down my favourite program. I was simply wondering what a soft program from them might look like. I remember reading an interview with another Russian coach (I forget who), who said that soft, quiet music like Moonlight Sonata is actually quite difficult to do well without seeming boring, and he thought V/T would be the only current team who had the maturity to carry it off. Like their 'Benedictus' exhibition, which I find magical. Maybe not for a long program, but a short program maybe. But I imagine choreographing for a competitive program is probably different to choreographing an exhibition.

Speaking of dramatic music... what about the Rose Adagio from Sleeping Beauty?

Oh. I got exciting and didn't finish reading the post. :laugh:

I think they're style is more like Aliona and Robin than people and even they think (at least the type of music that they can skate too). One of my favorite Aliona/Robin programs that unfortunately got dumped and was only performed three times I think was their "When Winter Comes" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfXhlksmtg, which I actually like better than Tat and Max's "Masquerade Waltz"). It's soft yet has an ethereal and powerful intensity to it. I think Tat and Max could do it. It can show off their classical line without being "classical" in the stereotypical sense. I too hope that they should get some programs from Moskvina. I actually want them to stay away from the typical or stereotypical pairs programs like "Moonlight Sonata" and such. And yes! Benedictus was good too!

For dramatic, maybe something fro the operatic setting of "The Crucible!"

Last edited:

Sfey

On the Ice
Imagine their Rachmaninoff ex as a short program. That would be something.

Oooh, yes.

I know they've done Swan Lake/Black Swan before, but some of the less commonly used music might make a good program, like the waltz theme from Act 1. Or maybe something from Dvorak's New World Symphony?

What about pop music, since teams can now use lyrics?

Edit: I don't know if this is overused music, but I also really like The Four Seasons.

Last edited:

aceiel

Rinkside
I would sell my soul to see them skate to Yuzuru Hanyu's 2011 FS music! https://youtu.be/hgppaYYNyZQ If they were able to carry off Carmina Burana as well as they did they could do an amazing job with this music imo

Also, as a dream exhibition program (pls dont judge I have a little bit of a varied taste in music aha) I would love to see them skate to Amazarashi's The Seasons Die One After Another (the rhythm in verses would be way too difficult in contests so thats why im thinking Exhibition!). It's a really beautiful but melancholy song, and I think they could execute the drama of it amazingly. After seeing the way Yuzu can skate to some JRock songs it's certainly possible!

Oh, and, last one (I promise! :laugh:) I could see them skating to Dangerous Moonlight/Warsaw Concerto- it's a beautiful classical piece I think it could work so well for them!

Last edited:

Sfey

On the Ice
What about something like Lara Fabian's Je T'aime? Melodramatic, I know, but that's why it could be fun!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
ALTHOUGH I have to say that I would love to see them do a light, FUN short program with a nice, clean-shaven, smiley Max. Cute! :p Something like when G&G did Jazzy Piano (even though Sergei wasn't really smiley :laugh: ).

aceiel

Rinkside
Tatiana's instagram has genuinely been too sweet today, especially the lastest image made me swoon! (I wonder who took it... probably Stéphane ;) )

Nessie

On the Ice
Video from Intimissimi on Ice show! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-skqwK4TNw

Wow – what a lovely skate. So languid and perfect for this famous aria. The costumes were great. I love it when, at one point, they skate behind a greenish veil toward the left of the screen and disappearing for a moment, they then come out skating like gang-busters, picking up speed as they set up for a gigantic throw! I didn’t think they did such big throws for exhibition skating. It sure seems to me they are feeling good and comfortable and confident. So nice to have this video even if it’s blurry and we have no close ups. They are in very fine form. Thanks again.