Team Canton article (Marina Zoueva's Teams Aug 4 2014) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team Canton article (Marina Zoueva's Teams Aug 4 2014)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marina worked with them almost from the very beginning. She also worked with Alexander Fadeev at the end of his career. And as much as I have disliked Marina's choreography, Fadeev's Night on Bald Mountain remains one of my all-time favorite programs.

Well for me, when she is good, she can be very very good, but when she's not, her choreography can be a bit cookie-cutter. I think one of her biggest problems as a choreographer under COP is integrating choreography-designed-to-maximize-tech-points with choreography-designed-to-maximize-artistic-points. I saw that problem crop up again and again, for instance, with Voir's programs over the years. So with this many programs to choreograph, I am hoping we won't see too much of the maximizing points choreography at the expense of maximizing artistry.

YMMV of course.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Sam-S. :cool:
Is Alissandra Aronow the one in the white top, btwn Cathy Reed and Aldridge?
And who is standing behind Zoueva? Colin Brubaker ... or Fedor Andreev ... or ???
Did Chris Reed take the photo?

Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov in Detroit
Photo of instagrama Alex and Maia Shibutani: Summer2014

This was the only caption I found and it's translated from Russian. My knowledge is geared more towards ladies skating so I'm useless in this area although I recognize C/L. :love:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Thanks, Sam-S. :cool:
Is Alissandra Aronow the one in the white top, btwn Cathy Reed and Aldridge?
And who is standing behind Zoueva? Colin Brubaker ... or Fedor Andreev ... or ???
Did Chris Reed take the photo?

I'm pretty sure that is Collin. Looks like he got a haircut!
And positive that's Alissandra next to Cathy and Alex...

A blog entry from the Reeds' website (roughly translated from Japanese via Google Translate) has this:

If too little spear
Immediately
Interfere ... occurs in muscle

So
Immediately
You can either stop the practice
The ... that must not be not rest 2 to 3

I
It becomes want to do more
Coach and Kathy
... Coming over to stop me

It's a rough translation, but it indicates that he has an injury and it sounds like he's been advised to give it a break. Maybe he's been staying off the ice for a bit? Wouldn't surprise me if he took the picture in that case.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This was the only caption I found and it's translated from Russian. My knowledge is geared more towards ladies skating so I'm useless in this area although I recognize C/L. :love:

I'm pretty sure that is Collin. Looks like he got a haircut!
And positive that's Alissandra next to Cathy and Alex...

A blog entry from the Reeds' website (roughly translated from Japanese via Google Translate) has this:

It's a rough translation, but it indicates that he has an injury and it sounds like he's been advised to give it a break. Maybe he's been staying off the ice for a bit? Wouldn't surprise me if he took the picture in that case.

Thanks to Sam-S. Your reply led me to the same photo on the Facebook page of the Shibutanis, where "#Summer2014" was the only caption -- it did not give names.

And thanks to fleeting for confirmation re Aronow/Brubaker. And for the news re Chris Reed. Hope that he will be OK soon.
(p.s. Must be A/B also in this photo then: http://instagram.com/p/rNwsbMS7l4/ :) I will fix my misspelling of his first name in my post above.)​

So I think the group (from left to right) is:
  • Victoria and Connor Hasegawa
  • Katsalapov/Sinitsina
  • Cathy Reed
  • Alissandra Aronow
  • Aldridge
  • Front row: Lanotte/Cappellini; Scali; Zoueva
  • Back row: Saulius Ambrulevičius/Taylor Tran (new dance partnership for Lithuania); Eaton; Collin Brubaker
  • The Shibs
  • Epstein
  • Johns