TEB on YouTube | Page 4 | Golden Skate

TEB on YouTube

I want to see Ashley's LP, too!!

She makes a performance out of her SP while doing all the requisite tricks with speed and flow. If the LP is half as good as this SP was, I want to see her on the US Nats podium. She will be top10 in the Worlds.

Joe

Nice team, but they seem more like a team that practices progress for progress sake, rather than dancing on ice, like other teams do. I wonder if the program would have been more interesting if they wore just plain costumes.
BlueDog - I have to disagree. I like this team and what they did with 2 of Disney Fantasia tunes. (Mussgorsky's Night on Bald Mountain, and Dukas' Sorcerer and the Apprentice.). He seemed to be an old wicke owl teasing his 'catch'. The cut of the music was very good, I thought.

K&N, imo, have a winner here. Very innovative. I enjoyed it. I think it's the same team I saw in SA Pittsburgh a few years back. They have improved tremendously.

Joe

Nice team, but they seem more like a team that practices progress for progress sake, rather than dancing on ice, like other teams do. I wonder if the program would have been more interesting if they wore just plain costumes.
BlueDog - I have to disagree. I like this team and what they did with 2 of Disney Fantasia tunes. (Mussgorsky's Night on Bald Mountain, and Dukas' Sorcerer and the Apprentice.). Novitsky seemed to be an old wicked owl teasing his 'catch'. The cut of the music was very good, I thought.

K&N, imo, have a winner here. Very innovative. I enjoyed it. I think it's the same team I saw in SA Pittsburgh a few years back. They have improved tremendously.

Joe

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I guess Evan and Kimmie are going to become the King and Queen of overused music...........Tosca....again!? Arrrg,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wrlmy

Medalist
Sarah Hughes?

Interestingly, Ashley reminds me of Emily Hughes, but more talented. She is incredibly beautiful and really projects her personality. Actually, I see a good diva potential in her, and I mean it as compliment.

hongligl

Final Flight
Ashley did great, she really attacked those jump. She reminds me of someone, I can't remember who.

Emily Hughes?

I like Ashley's skating, powerful and she's kinda musical. This is the first time I see her. Hard to believe that she's just off the junior rink. I expect good thing to happen to her.

Last edited:

fenway

On the Ice

Thank you so much :clap:

There's still a jerky quality to Ashley's skating that I hope she can buff out soon but what remarkable confidence as far as her jumps are concerned! This was a big improvement over her SC performance IMO. She may just be one of those skaters who gets more & more dangerous as her confidence continues to build. Good for her!

Thanks CTT so much for the Wagner link.

I get such a charge out of watching her non-stop skate. It's amazing she holds up by finish time. I think if there were more music she would have done more jumps and fatigue would never enter her picture. :laugh:

Did you notice her great spirals which she doesn't hold? Probably because she has several more jumps to do and she's not going to waste time on sissy spirals. :laugh:

If she doesn't make the podium in St. Paul, I will eat worms.

Joe

feraina

Record Breaker
Ashley improved a lot between SC and TEB! More polished, smoother skating. Plus she points her toes noticeably more in the spins now (though she can still do more).

She also reminds me of Emily Hughes -- a younger, more energetic, more talented, more musical, more effortless version of Emily Hughes, if that makes any sense. She hit the timing of all those jumps perfectly, it was amazing! :rock:

ks777

Record Breaker
Ashley improved a lot between SC and TEB! More polished, smoother skating. Plus she points her toes noticeably more in the spins now (though she can still do more).

She also reminds me of Emily Hughes -- a younger, more energetic, more talented, more musical, more effortless version of Emily Hughes, if that makes any sense. She hit the timing of all those jumps perfectly, it was amazing! :rock:

She reminds me of Sarah Hughes... Ashley has so much better body lines than Emily... well.. a better version of Emily is.. Sarah... isn't it??

Ashley might not be a gold medal condender just yet but you never know in 2yrs... I never thought Sarah was capable of winning the Olympic gold.

Does anyone know anything about Ashley's coach? Was she a famous skater? She looks like she is from the 60's or 70s.

georgia

On the Ice
Ashley reminds me of Tonya Harding. Tonya was that fast and powerful.

Her coach is also coaching Delmore. She is in the skating scene for a very long time.
Nice lady.

ae9177

On the Ice
I love this TEB, full of surprises, way to go Ashley and Patrick! :clap: And I love Z&Z, they'll be the favorite going towards 2010. :thumbsup: The battle of Z&Z, S&S and D&D will be very exciting and interesting in the next 2 years!

ChrisH

On the Ice
why did she not get credit for the flying spin? (Sarah)

I think it was because she didnt get low enough in the sit spin position.
Yes, that seems to be it. Sarah's skating leg wasn't bent enough to be considered a sit position and too bent (not "extended") to be considered an upright position. Sarah didn't hold a basic position, rather she held an intermediate position.

2. Definition of Sit position states that buttocks must be not higher than the knee of the skating leg. This should be understood as the “bottom of the buttocks” and the “top of the knee”.

6. Any Spin that has no basic position with at least 2 revolutions will receive no Level and no value.
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/ISU Communication 1459.pdf

---
Caroline and Mao seem to be running afoul of the following rule:
6. A Spiral Sequence without unsupported position(s) 3 seconds long in Short Program and Free Skating can receive Level 1 (but not higher). The GOE of this Spiral Sequence is not restricted.
In other words, at least one of the (first three) spirals must be held for 3 seconds without hand or arm assistance in order for the skater to receive a level 2 or above. That explains why Caroline and Asada got level 1's for essentially the same spiral sequences that also got level 4's.