Television Schedule? | Golden Skate

Television Schedule?

KMK0902

On the Ice
Is anything being showed on TV? I guess live would be pushing it, but maybe tape-delayed?

K

In the U.SA., NBC will be showing it from 4-6 on Sunday, October 26. Not sure what events they will be showing. Probably the top flight of ladies LP, plus a few highlights?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
in Canada CBC's showing 3h from 3:00-6:00 on Saturday and 2h from 2:00-4:00 on Sunday. Yay CBC:rock:

sillylionlove

Medalist
thanks for the info about universal sports. I went home last and night and wouldn't you know it right there on channel 249 of Comcast was universal sports. Didn't even know I had that channel. So...they are showing all the events at skate america live...so I will be DVRing all of it. I am so excited. I would never have know about this if it wasn't for everyone on here. So thank you. Now if they would only show all the grand prix events on this station. That would be terrific.

Medusa

Record Breaker
It's going to be broadcasted on Eurosport!!!! I can't believe it. Sometimes live, sometimes not. But anyway. Party! They will broadcast Skate Canada too. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

last year they showed the men's free on tape (1st hour) and the ladies' free live (2nd hour). Can't see why they wouldn't do the same this year.

Also, looks like the rest of the event will be shown live here

http://www.universalsports.com/mediaPlayer/media.dbml?CLIP_ID=45256&_MODE_=COUNTDOWN&db_oem_id=23000
My cable carrier, RCN, has just fixed something that wasn't broke, so I have to search for my favorite channels. In doing so I came across universal sports which I didn't have before. Of course, it is better to watch the competitions on TV than on a computer layout, so I will be doing that. But I do not think it will cover all the events. There doesn't seem to be a schedule on Friday and that, I believe, is when the Men's SP takes place.

sillylionlove

Medalist
According to my television schedule, they will be showing the men's event live on Friday on Universal Sports.

According to my television schedule, they will be showing the men's event live on Friday on Universal Sports.
Does one have to sign in for this information? If so, how? All I get is Swimming, Fast Track speed and Alpine Skiing all of which I enjoy but I want figure skating when it is in season.\\

Help.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Go to Universalsports.com and see if your cable company has this service. It's not everywhere...just in selected cities.

As for viewing it online, I think you have to register but it doesn't cost anything. However it does say on the website that the ice dance compulsaries are available on television only. So I guess they will not be showing it live online.

Here is where you can get universal sports on television. They seem to show a great deal of events live and will be showing the Chicago Marathon live soon. They also seem to have a great deal of European events in sports as well.

CALIFORNIA

Los Angeles
Charter 305
Cox 805
Time Warner Cable channel 226
NBC over-the-air channel 4.4

San Diego
Cox 117
Time Warner 136
NBC over-the-air 39.3

San Francisco | Oakland | San Jose
Comcast 187
NBC over-the-air channel 11.3

CONNECTICUT

Greenwich | Stamford
Cablevision channel 119

Hartford | New Haven
Cablevision channel 249 and 261
Charter 756
Cox 803
NBC over-the-air channel 30.3

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

Greater Washington Area
Comcast Cable channel 207
Cox 807
NBC over-the-air channel 4.3

ILLINOIS

Chicago
Comcast 251
NBC over-the-air channel 5.3

NEBRASKA

Omaha
Cox 120
NBC over-the-air channel 6.3

NEVADA

Las Vegas
Cox Communications channel 127
NBC over-the-air channel 3.3

Reno | Lake Tahoe
Charter Comm. channel 228
ABC over-the-air channel 8.2

NEW YORK

Albany
Time Warner 1896
NBC over-the-air channel 39.2

New York City
Time Warner Cable channel 162
Comcast Cable channel 249 (upstate NY)
Cablevision channel 110 (LI, NYC, upstate NY)
RCN channel 190
Verizon Fios channel 864
NBC over-the-air channel 4.4

NEW JERSEY

Comcast Cable channel 249
Cablevision channel 110

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia
Comcast 249
NBC over-the-air channel 10.3

TEXAS

Dallas | Fort Worth
Time Warner 366
Grande 131
NBC over-the-air channel 5.3

The shedule for television is (and this is all televised live and I am giving the times for the East Coast)

Ice Dance compulsaries - Friday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm

Men's Short = Friday from 11:30 pm to 1:30 am

Pairs Short - Friday from 10 pm to 11:30 pm

Ice Dance Original Dance - Saturday 5 pm to 6:30 pm

Pairs Final - Saturday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm

Ladies Short - Saturday 10 pm to 12 pm

Mens Final - Saturday 12 - 12:30 pm

Dance Final - Sunday 2 pm to 3:30 pm

And the Ladies final will be shown live on NBC from 4 pm to 6 pm.

Hope this information is helpful to everyone!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am sooooooo bummed that we dont get it up here (though dish network did answer my email inquiry and they are looking at adding the channel ASAP... for what it's worth) and that they aren't showing it online

dang icenetwork. :p

momjudi

On the Ice
I was told universalsports was showing Skate America live on its website as well and for a few days it was listed as upcoming. Now there is no mention of it on the website although it is still listed to be broadcasted on tv.

I am sooooooo bummed that we dont get it up here (though dish network did answer my email inquiry and they are looking at adding the channel ASAP... for what it's worth) and that they aren't showing it online

dang icenetwork. :p

I also searched high and low to see if Dish carried it or one of the comcast stations that are carrying it - no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here's part of the email that I got from Dish Network (the rest was them telling me in the future I need to give account info... considering I don't have an account and my aunt does I can't go much further with this lol)

Dish Network said:
Thank you for your e-mail. We would like to add Universal Sports Channel sooner to make viewers like you happy. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Sillionlove - I have the RCN channel in New York City. I have univesal on channel 29 and not on channel 190 as listed. However, I did find some info on channel 29 but only for Saturday. What am I doing wrong?

I will tune into channel 29 at the appropriate time on Friday to see if they are showing these comps LIVE. Do they show one sport per hour or will they show Alpine at the same time?

(I knew I should have gotten Time Warner but they didn't carry ESPN360.)

zephyrskates

On the Ice
For FiOS subscribers try using the "search" function. I found NBC 4.4 through that function. To save people some time, here in Central Jersey (Yes, there is such a thing as central jersey!!!) it's channel 464.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Now this is weird. I have Comcast, so I checked channel 249 and sure enough it's Universal Sports. But it's not on my list of channels that I'm supposed to get. There is no mention of a channel 249 or a Universal Sports.

In Hudson Co, NJ, Universal Sport is channel 110. But it's 10:11 and no Ladies' Short. I'm just glad I didn't miss it. We had a power outage for over an hour just when I thought it would be starting.

YAY - starting now!

D&S and S&B were fabulous in the dance OD. I can't wait for S&B to overtake B&A.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's going to be broadcasted on Eurosport!!!! I can't believe it. Sometimes live, sometimes not. But anyway. Party! They will broadcast Skate Canada too. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
During the broadcast yesterday they said that Eurosport would be showing at least part of every GP event. I can't remember the last time they did that, if ever. Very cool! :agree:

Medusa

Record Breaker
During the broadcast yesterday they said that Eurosport would be showing at least part of every GP event. I can't remember the last time they did that, if ever. Very cool! :agree:

More than a decade ago - when I was in my early teens I remember watching Figure Skating Grand Prixs on television. Geez, I am old.

But even if you can't watch it always when it's broadcasted (I for one won't be able to watch tomorrow and Tuesday), you can watch the Eurosport vids on youtube and enjoy some decent commentary. Preferably the British guys, but I also take the Germans and French.