The feelings/rant/etc. thread. | Page 6 | Golden Skate

The feelings/rant/etc. thread.

cjoanwilli

Spectator
I didn't think "Plushy" faked it, I think he knew the whole time how far he would be able to go and took the spot anyway, which to me is poor sportsmanship and the kind of thing that makes non-figureskating loving people think it's not a true sport and is more like professional wrestling. I think if we want to see figureskating stay in the Olympics and be taken seriously then it has to stop the making faces, wiggling for the audience, Ice Capades type skating in the competitions and leave it for the shows. Plushenko did that and got rewarded with big points and I see Brown being rewarded for that and led down a path to ham it up instead of getting a quad.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

desertskates

Medalist
And I'm feeling the love for how pretty they look :love: without the awful lipstick. Maybe they read my earlier post :rofl:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
And I'm feeling the love for how pretty they look :love: without the awful lipstick. Maybe they read my earlier post :rofl:

LOL, if that is the case, then please forward to them my wish list for other changes ;) ...

Totally agree that they look better without the overpowering red.

Elaine

On the Ice
What a disappointing men's competition. I was so looking forward to a real battle in the LP and then...:scowl: I hope dancers and ladies really deliver it. I hope!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still <3 Jason Brown despite a less than awesome performance. And hoping that somehow he'll end up at Worlds. He still needs to skate the program perfectly. (Nationals was close, but there's still a 3A<)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Congratulations Yuzuru and congratulations Mr. Orser!
I'm sorry for the ones who didn't have any favorite skater and just wanted to enjoy the show, but as a fan, I feel so happy right now. Not to forget about Denis Ten.
:clap:

s_parks

Record Breaker
This thread is totally needed, esp. with the mens event. Disappointed with how little cleanliness there was, but I'm so proud of Denis for winning a medal. Though he didn't go clean, he made a great comeback after the short and delivered better than the other bronze medal contenders so he deserves a lot of credit. Way to make a comeback after such a disappointing season. Now he has a world AND olympic medal! Frank Carroll takes gold tbh.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I am happy for Jason. A rough skate but top 10 at his first major international competition. Not bad. He still has many (8?) more years of skating to come.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
1 I am relieved Yuzu won OGM and not Patrick Chan
2 I want Gracie Gold to win OGM in Sochi
3 D/R makes me mad whenever they skate because of her ugly lines, this team reminds me of the shameful pairs S/P
4 V/M are always overcored even with glaring technical deficiencies and mistake
5 I have a soft spot for P/T and should have taken bronze
6 I want I/K to beat B/S

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I'm so proud of Brian Joubert finally having decent skates at the Olympics and landing the best 3 quads he's ever done at the OG (before, he's basically had a falling/hand down galore).
IIRC, Brian has now landed 107 quads (or so) in international competitions during his 12-year career :bow: :clap:
I'm an emotional wreck right now because he's retiring (but there's always Aljona waiting!): factor in Daisuke, Jeremy (mad respect for having a wonderful last skate), Tomas retiring s well and I'm going to bawl my eyes out for a week.

millie

Medalist
1 I am relieved Yuzu won OGM and not Patrick Chan
2 I want Gracie Gold to win OGM in Sochi
3 D/R makes me mad whenever they skate because of her ugly lines, this team reminds me of the shameful pairs S/P
4 V/M are always overcored even with glaring technical deficiencies and mistake
5 I have a soft spot for P/T and should have taken bronze
6 I want I/K to beat B/S

I wish that sky flys computer crashes or her gets cramps in his or her fingers until the skating events are finished...lol...just kidding.

millie

Medalist
How can Chan lose something that he never had? People are saying he lost the gold, he never had it to start with....he won the silver. Just sayin

socksthecat

Rinkside
Guess I should have posted this in this thread instead of in the Men's LP thread...

Somebody, please get Yuzuru Hanyu some decent clothes to skate in. I don't care if everybody thinks I'm intolerant, I don't think men should dress like Jimmy MacElroy at the Olympics. And while you're at it, give the poor kid a haircut and teach him how to stand up straight.

And Chan...*facepalm*

desertskates

Medalist
LOL, if that is the case, then please forward to them my wish list for other changes ;) ...

Totally agree that they look better without the overpowering red.

Ok, send me that list and I'll Instatwitbook it asap! :p

In other thoughts, the men--ugh :/ But congrats to the medalists :) I certainly hope that if it's "something in the water", the ladies currently training in Austria are drinking the most beautiful, sparkly fresh mountain spring water possible.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think all the men were shocked at Plush withdrawing, and so was the audience. A lot if these guys started skating after seeing Plush. Jason was certainly star struck by him. When your hero fails, it rocks your world.

Good for Jeremy and Brian for earning some redemption, if not a medal.

Last edited:

jaylee

Medalist
Heartbroken for Patrick Chan.
Disappointed in Hanyu.
Neutral on Denis Ten's bronze.
Annoyed for Javier missing the podium for a stupid Zayak rule.
Really inspired by Jeremy Abbott.
Happy for Joubert, Takahashi, and Verner, who all had respectable Olympic experiences to close out their careers.

Happy for Jason Brown, who is just getting started. The future is bright.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Not really a rant, but I hope Yuzuru does some bulking. His body reminds me of Juliet, not Romeo (although it's a BRILLIANT program, performance wise).
At the flower ceremony, he looked like a pretty princess :eek::