The Practice | Golden Skate

The Practice

kosjenka

On the Ice
The Practice is my favorite show on TV, with Ally McBeal. But Ally is gone now and since I live in Europe I cannot watch The Practice because our national TV cannot buy it until they finish season in USA.
So, the US fans or just observes can you give me something?
My friend and I are very interested what is happening to Jamie and Eugene (my favorite character) relationship.

thanks
:) dunja

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Hello, Nuica. I never watched this show until this season. I saw an episode by chance and now Mr. RG and I are totally hooked. I do not like ANY of the 3 original characters that are left. They brought in James Spader to play this ethcially-challenged (or is he?) attorney friend of Eleanor's and he COMPLETELY steals the show. Eugene, Eleanor and Jimmy may as well be wallpaper. The show is being cancelled; HOWEVER, James Spader will star in a spin-off next season with this same character, Al Shore. He is absolutely fabulous, and I can't wait to see the new environment. Also, the last several episodes have featured William Shatner (aka Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise) as self-loving attorney Denny Crane, and rumor has it that he is such a hit that he will also be in the new legal show.

So, now Sunday is my favorite TV night: American Dreams, Alias and The Practice. I don't watch much else (except for American Idol and late night Nick at Night reruns while I'm doing paperwork or crosswords), so the Sunday night Veg Out is a real treat for me.
:love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
The show is being cancelled; HOWEVER, James Spader will star in a spin-off next season with this same character, Al Shore. He is absolutely fabulous, and I can't wait to see the new environment. Also, the last several episodes have featured William Shatner as self-loving attorney Denny Crane, and rumor has it that he is such a hit that he will also be in the new legal show.

I just knew it! I LOVE James Spader and I agree he has totally stolen every scene from day one. I had a feeling they were setting him up for his own show. Is Tara going along? I've watched this show from the second year (missed the whole first season) and was disappointed in last year's efforts, but this year has been spot on!!!

Nuica, Jamie and Eugene's relationship fizzled soon after, she had problems committing........they worked in out so they were still able to work in the same office together......42

guinevere

Final Flight
I was starting to really get over the whole Al Shore thing (especially Tara, she's useless) - until the introduction of Denny Crain! Seeing Crain out-Shore Shore in the last 2 episodes was priceless. I'm pretty sure I read that William Shatner is confirmed for the new series - I will definitely watch if he's part of the show!

ps to RealtorGal - Eleanor, Jimmy and Eugene were much better characters before last season. Last season was just stupid across the board, and this season those characters have been completely shoved to the background in order to highlight Shore. Just wanted you to know they weren't ALWAYS that lame!

guinevere

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks! When Eugene gave Alan that check for $15K, I lost all respect for the character and wanted to see him lose his shirt during the trial. He deserved it big time.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like this show with Spader more so than with the old cast. I just can't believe what the Spader character does in court. He has his serious moments and that's when I like him the best. I also love how Spader always takes Jimmy down a notch or two.

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I used to love this show in the first few seasons. Back then, it was 90% about the cases, and only 10% about personal relationships. Then it started to change. By last season, I would only watch it occasionally. This season, IMHO, they just turned it into a soap opera.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Thanks everybody!
My friends from the US say that the old characters are not what they used to be. I really like Jamie, she is great! I was sad thdt some characters had to leav the show, like Rebecca. She was so super.
Well The Practice was way better at the begining than it was lately. But I can not wait to see it again.

dunja:)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
James Spader is sooooo sexy

I think I will start watching this show just to see him. YUM!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
If you already think he's sexy, you will find him IRRISISTIBLE in this show! I, being a married woman, only appreciate watching him for his... um... acting talents. Yup, that's it... His acting talents! :D:D

supersk8er

Rinkside
I've been watching The Practice for years, and I must say, that the only character I miss from the past seasons is Lara Flynn Boyle. I thought she was a wicked DA, and I miss her. :( Hehe. But I love James Spader's character. I think he does a great job, and I liked Sharon Stone's guest appearances this season...This season was actually my favorite one that I've ever seen. I really liked Tara's character also. Maybe it's just because I think she's SO beautiful, but she better be back for next season!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I agree with everyone here - James Spader not only brought the ratings of the show up - he stole the show! The casting of William Shatner as Denny Crain was equally brilliant!

The show was really losing it's punch until this season with Spader. I hope his next project is as much fun to watch. I won't miss the other characters from the Practice - they were getting dull.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did we get a glimpse into the new law firm? Smoking pot in the basement of where you work?

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
I've missed a couple of episodes, but last night's was great!! If we are seeing a bit of what the new show will be like, I'll definitely watch - the interactions between Spader and Rebecca de Mornay were priceless! The Erin Brocovich-like character (whiz at law/dresses like a ho and dances at a Coyote Ugly-type bar) does nothing for me, but if adding her means losing Rhona Mitre's character, I'm ok with it.

Also, now that The Practice part of it is ending, the old characters (and their stories) are more interesting than they've been all year! I like that we're seeing Berlucci's new law office, and that Eugene is going to become a judge. I wouldn't mind seeing these characters from time to time in the new series, as I think the split focus of last night's episode worked really well.

Just make sure we get to see a lot of Denny Crain!

guinevere

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally agree, guinevere.............I would love to see a spin-off of Jimmy's new law practice....if he survives "Guido Nomilini"....:( 42

wvgal57

On the Ice
I only started watching The Practice this year and I love James Spader. While I'll miss the character association with Cameron I think I'm going to love the new show. Can't wait for more Denny Crain either and will Rebecca Demorney be permanent?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I can't stand Eleanor Frutt's character. Even the name bores me to tears.

Eugene is a hypocrite. When he handed Alan that check for $15K, I thought he deserved to lose in court. Now he's going to be a JUDGE? Puh-lease! (Okay, I'm TOO involved in this show...)

I believe the Rebecca D.M. character is permanent.

That Sally character annoys me to no end. Can't they have one normal woman in the cast--one who isn't a B**** or one who doesn't need to dress like a WH*** to prove something to the world and then whine about it? As b****y as the Rebecca character was, I totally agreed with her when she said "I believe in you but you represent our firm in and out of the office".

Bring on DENNY CRANE, DENNY CRANE, and DENNY CRANE!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The jury is still out for me with the new show. I think I'm still stuck with the old Practice but who knows I may enjoy the new one as much.

I liked Eleanor's character because she was suppose to I think represent women in general. Not the beauty queens, but a hard working woman with a child. Although whatever happened to the child?

As for Denny Crane, I work with about 5 of him and it gets old. Maybe that's why I don't like him.

From previews, I see Bobby is going to be on the last two shows.

Dee

wvgal57

On the Ice
I missed the last 30 minutes of last nights episode. Can anyone update. I did see the part where Eugene was having his interview for his judgeship.