The TV Schedule of US Nats | Golden Skate

The TV Schedule of US Nats

This is a copy of a post in the Nats folder but it has not been answered. I think for those of you who will be watching on TV it may be important.

The actual Ladies Free Skate in Spokane is scheduled to start at 10:40AM which in EST would be 1:40PM. The skaters 9 of them, I presume, who do not make the TV cut will compete unheralded while ABC gets ready for its LIVE show of 12(?) skaters for 4-6pm EST. That would give each skater 10 minutes if there would not be any adverts and fluffs, and there will be time loss for kiss and cry moments and then Peter asking some very intelligent questions to the top rated as they leave the K&C area. I think this will all fit in, and the sun will set on the crowning of a new and wonderful Princess of Amerian figure skating. It's what you've been waiting for all year.

Similarly, the Men's Free Skate in Spokane is scheduled to start at 5:40 PM which in EST would be 8:40PM. If they show it on ESPN2, I am not sure how they can show 12 skaters LIVE at 11PM-1AM as the USFS schedule denotes. If so, it would have to be taped.

Anyone reading this, please correct.

Anyway, since I'll be in Spokane and the only worry will be about sneaking in lunch between the unheralded ladies and the chosen ones. They'll be time for me to get a taste of Spokane for dinner before Mens.

The Men's TV schedule, if I am correct needs someone to get the low down on when it will be shown and if it is live or taped.

It's that last sentence that puzzles me.

Joe

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Similarly, the Men's Free Skate in Spokane is scheduled to start at 5:40 PM which in EST would be 8:40PM. If they show it on ESPN2, I am not sure how they can show 12 skaters LIVE at 11PM-1AM as the USFS schedule denotes. If so, it would have to be taped.
Link to the Official Final Schedule (as of January 15, 2007):
http://www.spokane2007.com/spokane2007/uploads/documents/final schedule.pdf
There are some changes, and the Men's Free Skate is now scheduled for 6:15-10 pm Pacific time (which matches ESPN2's live broadcast end time). The Pairs SP (Wed.) and Free Dance (Friday) start times are now later.

Anyway, since I'll be in Spokane and the only worry will be about sneaking in lunch between the unheralded ladies and the chosen ones.
But what if you miss seeing worthy performances from some of the "unheralded" ladies? Maybe you should eat arena food during the Senior Ladies FS? ;)

Thank you Sylvia. I hope all the enthusiastic fans of US Nats read the change that was made in Spokane but not on TV

It seems from the schedule that Ladies will have about 5 hours of competition which is plenty of time to show the whole 21 Ladies LPs. Do you think they will show more than 12 skaters given the fact that the SPs will have already seeded the last two sets of 6 to skate?.

The Men's schedule starting at 6:15pm (EST 9:15) for about 4 hours ' Unless ESPN has changed their schedule, I don't see any LIVE coverage before 11:00pm. That would be about 1.5 hours of Men's not being televised. However, I do believe they can fit in the two last seeds of 6 LPs after the SPs in the ESPN time slot.

Nothing here to worry the TV watchers.

What I do at competitions,is make up a hearty sandwich from my hotel buffet and sneak it into the Arena for lunch. There appears time enough to get a relaxed dinner between Ladies and Mens events . Hopefully, there will not too much fluff on TV.

Joe