Top 3 Yuna Kim performances | Golden Skate

Top 3 Yuna Kim performances

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Which are the best 3 Yuna Kim's performances according to you?

My list:

Top 3 for FS:
1. Scheherazade 2009 - 2009 World Figure Skating Championships
I just cannot stop watching this program, I know that there is a small mistake in it - one single jump that meant to be a triple, but otherwise the program is truly amazing
2. Piano Concerto in F 2010 - 2010 Winter Olympics
This program is perfection, absolutely flawless, but I still prefer Scheherazade 2009
3. Les Misérables 2013 - 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
A great program, flawless, but there is much more emotion in Scheherazade 2009 and Piano Concerto in F 2010

Wow, I have not realized until now, but my favourite Yuna's FS performances are the ones for which she received gold medals.

Top 3 for SP:
1. Kiss of Vampire 2013 - 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
2. Danse Macabre 2009 - 2009 World Figure Skating Championships
3. Send in the Clowns 2014 - 2014 Winter Olympic

Putina

On the Ice
I will havê to refresh my memory to pick only 3, but my list will probably include her Tango de Roxanne in 2007 Worlds.

FSLover17

On the Ice
Top 3 Free Skates:
1) Homage to Korea 2011 Worlds- sadly it was never performed to its full potential but it was a masterpiece. Someone called it an extension of Yuna as a person and that's what I think is a good way to describe it.
2) Les Misérables 2013 Worlds- absolute perfection. Perfect choreography, perfect transitions, perfect jumps, perfect skating skills...
3) Gershwin 2010 Olympics - it has everything. She's delicate yet powerful and I love the moments of choreography.
HM: The Lark Ascending - like HtK was never performed to its full potential but it was still beautiful.
Top 3 Short Programs:
1) Danse Macabre 2009 Worlds - the musicality is perfect
2) El Tango de Roxanne 2007 Worlds - I love Tom Dickson's choreography on her and I wish she used him more
3) Send in the Clowns 2014 Nationals - so beautiful. It was also amazing at the Olympics but I get upset when I watch that version.
HM: This wasn't at a competition but Giselle at ATSS was :love:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Top 3 Short Programs:
1) Danse Macabre 2009 Worlds - the musicality is perfect

Looking back this was everything to me. :luv17: I can rewatch the very beginning over and over again because she owns it from the first few notes. It's also at a period where the craziness was still ahead of her. Her fierceness and drive at 2009 Worlds are what made me truly respect her. :bow:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My Top 3 Free programs

1. Adiós Nonino at 2014 Sochi
2. Les Misérables at 2013 Worlds
3. Gershwin Concerto in F at 2010 Vancouver

Top 3 Short programs

1. El Tango de Roxanne at 2007 Worlds
2. Send in the Crowns at 2014 Sochi
3. James Bond Medley at 2010 Vancouver

If I have to pick only one program from Yuna's, that's Adiós Nonino.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Top 3 SP:
1. Danse macabre. Her best program. David Wilson was a genius on it.
2. Tango de Roxanne
3. Send in the clowns

Top 3 LP:
1. The lark ascending. Wonder why this music is not more used.
And that's all. I don't really like her others LP.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Only 3??????? Don't make me choose!!

Also, would this be better in the fan fest? :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Only 3??????? Don't make me choose!!

Also, would this be better in the fan fest? :)

Articles about Top 3 or 5 programs of certain skaters have been here in the Edge, so I don't mind the topic being here.

Putina

On the Ice
I do not mind it here, Kim being a legend and back with us in this Olympic season. (as a torch bearer no less). I for one get to think about and re-watch her programs.

lappo

Final Flight
Top 3 SP
1) Danse Macabre
2) Tango de Roxanne
3) Tie between Bond and SITC

Top 3 LP
1) Homage to Korea
2) Adios Nonino
3) The Lark Ascending

mrrice

Record Breaker
I will havê to refresh my memory to pick only 3, but my list will probably include her Tango de Roxanne in 2007 Worlds.

Definitely....Up to that point, it was the most musically choreographed SP I had ever seen. She did it perfectly and that was the moment I knew she'd be a star. She didn't win that event but, it took a spectacular performance from Miki to beat her.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
How can I just pick 3?

Piano Concerto at Vancouver and THAT blue dress!

Send in the Clowns at Sochi, just a beautiful way to leave her competitive career, a shame it was underscored!

Danse Macabre at 2009 worlds, I swear I’ve watched it over 100 times on YouTube 😉

Oh and 9th February 2018 😃🔥

Warwick360

Medalist
Send in the Clowns and Adios Nonino have become such haunting pieces for me. Haunting and mesmerising at the same time. :slink:

Picking 3 is impossible for me. Not sure where one starts, and where one ends when considering the best Yuna Kim programs, because they're all amazing through and through.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Pick 3 is impossible,
Every one of Yuna's program is artistically different, like @Warwick360 said they are all amazing through and through and they are all different.

Any time, I decided to watch Yuna again, it will and always has turned into an binge watching of all her programs, I just cannot stop.

Last night, when I was watching opening ceremony on NBC. when korean folk song "ARILANG" was sang, I was like, oh Yuna has skated to that, better just show Yuna's homage to korea instead, when "imagine" and those doves resemble peace and love fly, I was like, oh Yuna has skated to that as well...
Eager to go back to watch her programs again.

johnsmith72

On the Ice
I love Adios Nonino even though I was so underwhelmed when I first watched it. Her olympic performance of it is glorious. She nailed the step sequence and also the choreography sequence at the end. Watching her hit those tango moves with such pizzazz during that step sequence makes me almost want to jump out of my seat and learn how to dance :yahoo:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Oh god, this is impossible...

1. 2010 Olympics FS

2. 2007 Worlds SP

3. 2009 Worlds SP?

But I also love Lark Ascending, Homage To Korea, Send In The Clowns, and Adios Nonino... :love:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
James Bond Olympic SP
Danse Macabre Worlds SP
Send In the Clowns Olympic SP

Les Mis Worlds FS
Gershwin Olympic FS
Adios Noninio Olympic FS (Although it's hard for me to watch this one again since the Olympics tbh)

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Speaking from an account mortally injured by the Sochi scandal and however briefly resucitated by Yuna's cauldron lighting:
It's gotta be Gershwin Concerto if we are talking about the crowning moment of a journey and the exuberant consensus and certainty of the figure skaring world that it has found its star, its Queen.
Adios Nonino is far superior though, as a program and performance. The difference is that Adios was skated by a lone gladiator in a hostile environment - not just before a hostile Russian crowd, but in a situation where, after a long hiatus from competitive circuit, the general fandom was suspicious of her intentions and motivations- and that she died there like Russell Crowe's Maximus.
When the dust settles - in 10-15 years from now maybe-, I think many more will appreciate Adios Nonino to its just value.