Tuktamysheva looking good | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva looking good

Icey

Record Breaker
Where are you seeing all this? No video link is given in the original post or elsewhere as far as I can tell.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
So great to see her continue to compete and have such a solid start to her season. The free program suits her perfectly in my opinion.

Mony

On the Ice
YouTube. Just search her name and for the most recent uploads.
LSP2 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA Nebelhorn Trophy 2014: http://youtu.be/vyj22cy0QvE
LFS1 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA Nebelhorn Trophy 2014: http://youtu.be/MXdtMQ-TMyc

Thanks for the videos as I missed her skate, so I will watch these. I am happy for Liza, I have been a fan of her and Adelina from I saw them as 13 years olds. She probably will always have the back problem, as I believe it is a slip disc, but I am so happy she has started this season off to a good start. She just needs to continue to improve.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Great start to the season for Liza! I think as she gets used to the programs we (hopefully) will see her skate with better carriage and extension. Had she skated clean here and hit her 7 planned jumps her LP score would have been in the mid-130's, which would put her right in the hunt for a spot on the Russian team and perhaps even a world medal.

samson

Medalist
^It's wild to think Russian ladies are so competitive right now that a mid-130s free skate would "put her right in the hunt" for a spot on the Russian team. Thing is when you skate in a country that also had Adelina, Julia, Anna and Elena (not to mention Alena who looks to be making her own comeback) a mid-130's is fiercely competitive but probably doesn't guarantee a spot on the world team. Still, skating this way so early in the season she's going to be one to look out for. She's certainly set the standard for now.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
^It's wild to think Russian ladies are so competitive right now that a mid-130s free skate would "put her right in the hunt" for a spot on the Russian team. Thing is when you skate in a country that also had Adelina, Julia, Anna and Elena (not to mention Alena who looks to be making her own comeback) a mid-130's is fiercely competitive but probably doesn't guarantee a spot on the world team. Still, skating this way so early in the season she's going to be one to look out for. She's certainly set the standard for now.

I think Adelina is the most talented of the bunch, but probably the least consistent (aside from Alena). If Julia, Elena, Anna, and Liza have strong seasons Adelina could be in real trouble.

tulosai

Record Breaker

This. Leonova in this form (assuming she maintains it which who knows) would certainly be the number 1 or number 2 lady in any country other than Russia (other than maybe the USA and even that's not so sure). In one way the Russian depth is very exciting but in another it is really a pity because it prevents some VERY talented skaters from getting opportunities that someone as talented as them SHOULD have.

I have to say I really admire Alena for continuing to plug away at it. In some ways, surely, it would be easier for her to give up and retire, but instead she goes out there and gives it her all. I sincerely respect that.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lizaaaaaaaaaaaaa! My Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

mrrice

Record Breaker
For me the best part of the program is Liza's smile at the end. Hopefully Nebelhorn has gone a long way to helping her regain her confidence!

I agree........... I just love her smile and those gorgeous eyes.;)

By the way, is that Jill's 1990 Music at the beginning of her FS ?

You know, I used to think that Tonya Harding was overweight until I saw her in person at Skate America 1991. Believe me, skaters are tiny, no matter how they look on TV. In fact, I was more worried about the way Kristi Yamaguchi looked. She didn't skate well at this event and I was worried she'd pass out as she looked so frail. She is not just thin, she can't be more than 4'11" or 5' when she's out of her skates.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am wondering if Liza has grown taller. If not, she definitely lost some weight. Even with these loose fitting tops she was wearing, I can tell she is thinner, which is a great thing.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm happy for Elizaveta's return and I'm hopeful about her GP season. But I must say, all these comments about her weight and body, whether positive like 'it's great she lost weight' or negative like 'even if she has a few spare kilos', make me very uncomfortable. What does anyone care what she - or any skater for that matter - looks like? And it's not like anyone except herself, her family, coaches and doctors, can tell what is 'good for her'. As long as she is healthy, happy, and can perform her elements, she can weigh 80 kilos for all I care. I really wish the endless mentions of her weight would stop.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I'm happy for Elizaveta's return and I'm hopeful about her GP season. But I must say, all these comments about her weight and body, whether positive like 'it's great she lost weight' or negative like 'even if she has a few spare kilos', make me very uncomfortable. What does anyone care what she - or any skater for that matter - looks like? And it's not like anyone except herself, her family, coaches and doctors, can tell what is 'good for her'. As long as she is healthy, happy, and can perform her elements, she can weigh 80 kilos for all I care. I really wish the endless mentions of her weight would stop.

:agree: Amen to that!

OniBan

Final Flight
my god. She's a BEAUTIFUL performer. A really good dancer and a real feel for the music.

as for the dress, I thought it was unique - though it may not show the best of her beautiful lines with its tendency to bunch around her during movements.

mrrice

Record Breaker
my god. She's a BEAUTIFUL performer. A really good dancer and a real feel for the music.

as for the dress, I thought it was unique - though it may not show the best of her beautiful lines with its tendency to bunch around her during movements.

I agree with this. Liza is a beautiful girl no matter what she wears. However, I'd hate to see her loose even a point due a costume issue. This might not be her real costume but, I could see her skirt getting caught in her blade when she goes into that hair cutter.

She sure does look great though. So does Leonova ! What a performer, does she do a lot of shows or exhibitions ? She is certainly off to a great start and I hope she keeps it up. Wow, Russia has a lot to look forward to this season.

anyanka

Record Breaker
That FS score of 127.71 is also a great start to the season, especially at a non-GP event or major ISU championship.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My point is there is a strong correlation between the skater's body and a skater's jumps for the same skater. I care about their body change because I care how well they jump. It has nothing to do with the appearance, same as the height of a skater. Some skaters simply lose their jumps when they grow taller, some lose jumps when they gain weight, some get their previous level of jumping ability back after they lose some weight. Adelina was thinner than ever around the Olympics, Yuna has that same skinny body through her entire career; Mao lost some of her jumps when she grow taller; I don't think Yulia will keep her current jumps once she gain 10 extra pounds.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
^ I get what you are saying, but how do you know what her natural and healthy body type is, once she's past puberty? That's the body she needs to learn to skate with, even if it means adjusting or re-learning her technique. Drastic dieting just to be thinner and keep the same body and jump technique that one had when a child, is not what I consider beneficial for one's health. It will only bring about more Antipovas and Suzukis - meaning skaters who developed a serious eating disorder.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why do Liza's threads always turn into this type if thing? It's important to be lean and trim but that can mean many things for many people. There are several body types that can perform figure skating at the top level. Not any one is the "correct" one. skinny doesnt equate to eating disorder and curvy doesnt equal overweight. Liza has nothing wrong with her shape. The only concern we should have is if she has the strength and stamina to perform. Being a professional athelete requires a proper diet and physical conditioning beyond what most of us are capable of. She doesn't look tired to me and if my observation is correct her jumps seemed to be at their best a little farther into the program. This tells me she is in good condition. Leave the girl and other girls alone about their weight. It's not our concern.