sk8ing lady2001

Re: Two Kwan Articles

Thanks; unfortunately I can't see the other one. :(

K

kwansong999

my favorite parts:

1st:
"Michelle Kwan still hasn't seen a tape of the performance that clinched her fifth world figure skating championship. Nor does she plan to watch it for a while.

That's because she so enjoyed the perfectly calibrated command she felt in her long program last Saturday, she doesn't want to find flaws in what remains a dreamlike experience.

"I'm still dazed," said Kwan, who begins a 27-city tour with Champions on Ice today in Baltimore. "It's a moment that was so incredible, I still haven't analyzed it yet. It seems like yesterday we were competing at the Olympics and the past year just flew by without even worrying about it.

"I'm still kind of in shock. The audience was great and everything just felt right.... This is a big contrast to the '98 nationals [when she got eight perfect 6.0s for her long program]. The only way I could describe that is euphoric. Freedom. I didn't worry about anything. I was flying. This past week, I was in the moment and living through it and I prefer it that way. I felt in control and at ease. I felt like I was adjusting as each second passed."

2nd:
"Show skating should be the easy part of her life, but this time, it's not. She's unveiling a new routine to the song Fallin' by pop artist Alicia Keys.

Because she was preparing so hard for the world championships, Kwan didn't have much time to work on an exhibition number. She had just a month to choreograph the routine and planned her first full practice of it last night.

"It's hard," Kwan said yesterday morning as she searched for a cup of coffee to keep her awake. "It's nerve-racking, actually. At competitions, I have to do all those triple jumps, but I know what I'm getting into. Here, on tour, I'm not really familiar with this program at all."

I CANT WAIT TO SEE COI ON SUNDAY!!

J

Joesitz

She still remains enigmatic!

Joe

T

Truth Hurts2

she sounds so nice and on cloud 9 after winning... she comes off as genuine. i hope the best for her next season. :)

D

DORISPULASKI

Thanks for the articles! I enjoyed both of them.

dpp

R

rgirl181

Why the frownie posticon? These are very positive articles about Michelle. Did I miss something?
Rgirl

L

Lipinskifan19

:lol: rgirl I was thinking the same thing!
About the articles, I can't believe she's skating to that song by Alicia keys! I never would have expected her to skate to that!! :eek: