USFS envelope funding questions | Golden Skate

USFS envelope funding questions

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, I have a couple of questions.

First, is this money for training? For instance, H/D have indicated they are retiring at the end of this season. Do they get to keep the envelope money? What if a team breaks up?

Second, it would appear to be that ilia would be entitled to Team B envelope money but he’s not listed among the recipients. What’s up with that?

Not a question but I’m thrilled that USFS has established Team D money and Jacob Sanchez and Rivers and Chapman are on it❤️

For those who haven’t seen it here is the list. https://www.usfigureskating.org/skate/scholarships-and-funding/team-usa-funding

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
My understanding is that envelope funding runs with the season. So skaters who go through the full season then retire, should have received their full funding and no reimbursement necessary. The funding is not lavish, compared to skaters' overall expenses, so it probably goes out the door as soon as USFS makes a disbursement. If a skater or team retires (or splits) before end of season, I suspect they don't get any further envelope payments, but I don't know about repayments. It may be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, depending on the exact circumstances.

Team envelopes for the next season are put together after this season is completely over. Generally, the envelope you start in is the envelope you remain in for that season, but there are some exceptions where a skater/team can be moved up to a higher envelope during the season, and receive a prorated amount of the higher funding level. USFS does have all this explained on the website somewhere.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My understanding is that envelope funding runs with the season. So skaters who go through the full season then retire, should have received their full funding and no reimbursement necessary. The funding is not lavish, compared to skaters' overall expenses, so it probably goes out the door as soon as USFS makes a disbursement. If a skater or team retires (or splits) before end of season, I suspect they don't get any further envelope payments, but I don't know about repayments. It may be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, depending on the exact circumstances.

Team envelopes for the next season are put together after this season is completely over. Generally, the envelope you start in is the envelope you remain in for that season, but there are some exceptions where a skater/team can be moved up to a higher envelope during the season, and receive a prorated amount of the higher funding level. USFS does have all this explained on the website somewhere.

This is money for the 2022-2023 season