West Wing - LIVE debate | Golden Skate

West Wing - LIVE debate

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok I've never watched an episode, but I am going to try and watch tonight as it's supposed to be live (it won't bein Alaska but still) and I've been meaning to since Alan Alda started on the show...

so what should I know before sitting down and watching? I'm really interested in Jimmy Smitts (Bail Organa in Star Wars! WOOT) and Alan Alda (I still can't get over that he plays a republican :laugh: ) but I figure I might want to know a bit about all of the key players:laugh:

4dogknight

Final Flight
Anyone remember when television was all live, i.e. Playhouse 90, Lux Video Theater, Your Show of Show, Jackie Gleason, etc.?

4dk

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not even old enough to remember when MASH went off the air :laugh: I grew up on the reruns! ;)

I watched the debate... I was surprised with most, REALLY upset about the whole ANWR thing (come ON it's not like you can't make a better argument than what Alda's character did UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH) and the stereotypes on all sides annoyed me a bit... but it was good

I loved some of the stuff that wasn't a big part of the show... just things I caught...

I don't know if I'll start watching regularly (politics and me normally means me getting upset, even if it's fictional [isn't all politics based on something other than reality? LOL]) but it was good... jimmy and alan rock! :rock:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
[isn't all politics based on something other than reality? LOL])

Toni, you've been listening to The Republicans and "W" waaaaaaaay too long. Now that you have figured it out the Democrats are ready to embrace you and show you to the light. I'll bet that Hillary could use your help at her Alaskan campaign headquarters.:biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel said:
Toni, you've been listening to The Republicans and "W" waaaaaaaay too long. Now that you have figured it out the Democrats are ready to embrace you and show you to the light. I'll bet that Hillary could use your help at her Alaskan campaign headquarters.:biggrin:

the Clintons have never had any interest in Alaska, as far as I know we've never been on the campaign trail

Gore, who loved closing more and more Alaskans out of their state, didn't come in 00, but Bush did, and he's been several time since. Clinton's only trip to AK (as president) had him land on the tarmac and he never even CAME OUT of his airplane... :eek:hwell:

that being said, I've been cynical of politics since Jr. High... because i couldn't understand them, and because of the way the Clinton administration treated Alaska.

and for what it's worth I *almost* voted for a democrat my first time out for senate... :laugh:

edited to add: that came out harsher than I planned... still I don't think Hillary *IF* she runs (I don't doubt she will but let's play her game, shall we lol) would do much if anything up here...

Longhornliz

Final Flight
If that were a real debate... they would have both been declared loosers in my opinion. I kept being confused about who was the moderate liberal and who was the liberal conservative.