What boot would you recommend for me? | Golden Skate

What boot would you recommend for me?

icyskater

Rinkside
I need some advice on getting new skates, the only boots I've worn are edea and risport. my feet have a slightly wider toe box and then get thinner towards my heel, I have very low arches and Norwegian shapes toes. I've found in edea I get a ton of arch pain and cant skate for more than 20 minutes without needing to take a break and I can't move my toes at all in the boot, I've taken out my insoles and my feet definitely aren't too long for the boot but when I step on the insole over a third of my foot hangs off the side! I purchased some risport boots arent the first lockdown. my dealer put me in a size up from my usual 260 to a 265 which she insisted was perfect but when I wear them my heel slips around and my toes have way too much room, after a bit, I took out the insole and they're a good inch or so too long, in the risport I had similar arch pain. I just want to know what's going wrong and figure out the right, pain-free skates.
then there's also what stiffness, I think I've been way over booted in my current skates (edea ice fly and risport royal exclusive) as I'm only jumping up to double flip. I'm 171 cm tall and 65 kgs, also 16 (yea I'm tall lmao) what would yall recommend? thx

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
I recommend you find a fitter who knows how to measure feet for width instead of trying bigger and bigger sizes until they find one that fits your width by default, regardless of how many sizes too long it might be for your foot. Risport 265 is equivalent to a women's US size 8.5. Skates should fit much more closely than street shoes, so for a skate sized 8.5 to be the right size it means your regular street shoe size should be size 9.5 or 10.

Intense arch pain is a sign that your boots are too narrow. You may need not only a wide size boot, but a semi custom wide (wider than stock wide W). My street shoe size is 7.5 regular, my skate size is Jackson 6 EE, which is 4 widths wider than regular.

icyskater

Rinkside
I recommend you find a fitter who knows how to measure feet for width instead of trying bigger and bigger sizes until they find one that fits your width by default, regardless of how many sizes too long it might be for your foot. Risport 265 is equivalent to a women's US size 8.5. Skates should fit much more closely than street shoes, so for a skate sized 8.5 to be the right size it means your regular street shoe size should be size 9.5 or 10.

Intense arch pain is a sign that your boots are too narrow. You may need not only a wide size boot, but a semi custom wide (wider than stock wide W). My street shoe size is 7.5 regular, my skate size is Jackson 6 EE, which is 4 widths wider than regular.
ok thank you sm for the advice! yeah gana go to a fitter who know actually knows how to do it

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I echo what MC says. Also, look into Jackson or Riedell, or a wider and shorter Risport bc you aren't fit correctly.
I can make style suggestions later because you are definitely misfit and overbooted.