What is Emily Hughes' music? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What is Emily Hughes' music?

Kasey

Medalist
When Sarah Meier was skating, I hardly noticed her arms at all.

That's interesting, because for me, the first thing I noticed about Meier is the beautiful, expressive grace of her arm movements.

I always kinda thought what Kimmie said in 2003 "Both Hughes sisters skate like dogs"

Kimmie actually SAID that?? :rofl: I'm not sure if that bothers or amuses me. Perhaps a bit of both!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That's interesting, because for me, the first thing I noticed about Meier is the beautiful, expressive grace of her arm movements.
Me too, and the finger positions. I am working up a new FS promo / intro for fun and the first thing I used was Sara's start with her arms and hand movements.

Kimmie actually SAID that?? :rofl: I'm not sure if that bothers or amuses me. Perhaps a bit of both!
I keep wondering what she might have meant by this??? Eager to please and do anything for attention not caring where it comes from - like "guys are Dogs"??:laugh:

I hope it was not meant as looks, that would lower my opinion of her - well maybe, she was young and kids can be cruel. Also regreting what is sometimes said.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Proof...?

where's the video or the transcript of Kimmie saying that quote?

I don't think we need to make too much of a couple of 12-year-olds goofing around with their friends.

sk8addict

On the Ice
No RUMOR

what? that sounds like just a rumor. Unless someone overheard her saying it at some rink or something, I don't put much stock in it. (Admittedly it would be kind of funny, though).

Kimmie ,Katy Taylor and Jessica Houston sat in front of us in Dallas 2003 for the Senior events. They had just won the Novice medals.We got to chatting with them and was asking what skaters they liked and they sais Michelle and Sasha. We asked if they liked Sarah since she had just won the Olympic Gold the previous year and they all said NO! She skates like a dog. We then asked about Emily and they all said that she skated like a dog too. Just children having fun.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, that's excusable because they were very young back then.

But I have to say, it's kinda funny now that I think about it :laugh:

Kimmie ,Katy Taylor and Jessica Houston sat in front of us in Dallas 2003 for the Senior events. They had just won the Novice medals.We got to chatting with them and was asking what skaters they liked and they sais Michelle and Sasha. We asked if they liked Sarah since she had just won the Olympic Gold the previous year and they all said NO! She skates like a dog. We then asked about Emily and they all said that she skated like a dog too. Just children having fun.
I bet Kimmie is sorry now that she was so friendly and unguarded with the fans back then. I don't think she expected that something she threw off in childish high spirits would pop up in a negative context on the Internet three years later.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I bet Kimmie is sorry now that she was so friendly and unguarded with the fans back then. I don't think she expected that something she threw off in childish high spirits would pop up in a negative context on the Internet three years later.

I am sure she might regret that just a tad, but if that is the way she felt - I don't think it is going to hurt the sport. Just anyone thinking Kimmie was mature at an early age. Well I guess she is a "really" girl after all.

Makes me wonder what Sasha may have said about Ira a time or two that didn't get on camera???

Everybody is entitle to a controversial comment in the sports word once and a while:agree: I would imagine that if Sarah and Emily got news of that comment, there was an apology shortly following. Emmie looks like she could "take care of" Kimmie with out to much problem. "Look string bean, you want to see a dog become a vegetarian???":laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Emmie looks like she could "take care of" Kimmie with out to much problem. "Look string bean, you want to see a dog become a vegetarian???"

hehe...the mental image :rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker

nah, I think it's a good laugh, actually. But I couldn't imagine it coming from Kimmie- at least on camera or within earshot- right now. But if it was 4 years ago, that's totally different. Much younger.

I dunno, I sort of see Kimmie as the new Michelle- in the way that she's always smiley and cheery and putting on her "best face" for the camera, when deep down inside they both are cutthroat competitors. The old "I just want to skate my best and have fun" type of thing. But we know that's all just horse manure- for the most part.

I don't recall many "dagger stares" from Meissner but during the Olympic short program that was pretty close.

sk8addict

On the Ice

This may be true, but if you watch backstage Kimmie and Katie are still right next to each other even though Katy has bombed bigtime this year and are laughing and chatting. Girls will be girls and Kimmie is still just a little girl checking off her moves as she does them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Girls will be girls

and how true that is. :cool:

Isn't it a bit premature to say Katy has bombed big time *THIS YEAR*? It's only Nov. and US nats has yet to come around.

sk8addict

On the Ice
and how true that is. :cool:

Isn't it a bit premature to say Katy has bombed big time *THIS YEAR*? It's only Nov. and US nats has yet to come around.

Well I'm just disappointed in her performance this year after her win at the end of last year. Nationals is the end of the year except for worlds.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well I'm just disappointed in her performance this year after her win at the end of last year. Nationals is the end of the year except for worlds.

cheer up, it ain't over till it's over. US Nats is still a couple months away.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The one thing I detest about Wilson's choreography is overuse of the arms. Emily is tall with long arms, and at times in her SP she looks as if she is trying to take off. When I find that I notice what skaters are doing with their arms, it usually means that there is far too much arm movement in the program.

The arm movements should blend with the foot. leg and body movements so that they flow seamlessly together and leave the impression of harmony.

When Sarah Meier was skating, I hardly noticed her arms at all. Miki was fine until she did the footwork, then it was like semaphore waving. Kimmie is still overaware of her arms; I hope when she becomes comfortable with her program, she will concentrate more on interpretation than on individual arm and body movements.

To see some great choreography and wonderful use of arm movement - check out Toller Cranston's programs on Youtube. Toller had a real sense of body movement and relation to figure skating. Toller is just fabulous to watch even after all these years. Makes one realize what is lacking in today's programs.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kimmie and Katy have been competing against one another for many years and became very good friends, and they are still friends today. That's rather unusual at high levels of competition. Sarah was never friends with either Michelle or Sasha, and Sasha herself once said other (female singles) skaters were competitors, not friends.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kimmie and Katy have been competing against one another for many years and became very good friends, and they are still friends today. That's rather unusual at high levels of competition. Sarah was never friends with either Michelle or Sasha, and Sasha herself once said other (female singles) skaters were competitors, not friends.

Well, you've also got that Kwan-Slutskaya relationship going there. They seem to be casual friends as well (or maybe just friendly with each other??)

This to me is not an important thread about skating but sobeit.

We go through life with being friendly and in the course of that way of life we develop some friends, and sometimes, close friends.

Every team mate on the Mets is friendly with the others but not necessarily, good friends. Common sense.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker

All the ladies in the current crop skate like dogs....they all include the peeing on a fire hydrant spiral! :laugh:

Ant